Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas tank for MadLaps championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep should be Tuesday at 8pm GMT again though as it's still in the early stages of planning I guess other days can be suggested.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once per fortnight is a pretty leisurely pace and I don't want that to sound pejorative, I think it's a good thing to rejig the format and along with that proposal I would like to sound out doubling the length of a series so that we run two per year, early and late with Summer off. This would allow us to keep the 2x25 length, four races in a meeting being something I would be against.
Together these changes would produce an endurance/atrition element to the Championship and allow more freedom in 'negotiaions' Wink

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortnightly racing is fine by me, while I enjoy the console side of the operation it's a pretty big commitment to be there every week. I'd prefer 25 laps to remain the standard on 45 second tracks, shortened only for longer circuits.
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baino wrote:
Yep should be Tuesday at 8pm GMT again though as it's still in the early stages of planning I guess other days can be suggested.

Ah well, I probably won't be able to race then Sad Unless I end up playing footy on a different day of the week this year that is.

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
Fortnightly racing is fine by me, while I enjoy the console side of the operation it's a pretty big commitment to be there every week. I'd prefer 25 laps to remain the standard on 45 second tracks, shortened only for longer circuits.

So what we saying then keep it 2no 25lap races every fortnight but keep it over 16 races?. If my maths is correct that will take nearly four months to complete a season but as Mid says we could take the summer off and start up again late september or something like that.

If there is support for the idea amongst folks I'd be happier having it fortnightly. It will also stop the missus attacking my collection of Metallica on vinyl.
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trial it this year, gives us a chance to gather tracks, skins and generally be more prepared, plus nobody really likes sitting there sweating in the middle of summer for an hour while everybody else is in the garden enjoying the b-b-q.
enjoy your summer, then winter for racing Smile
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a little drawn out having gp`s fortnightly, like Spanky said, will take a long time, i think interest will die and people won`t bother turning up. I`d get bored waiting that long, i looked forward to the gp`s and having it weekly was a nice routine.

I`d like to see the length of the season doubled though, give a bit more competition to it, the 8 weeks that it normally runs seems to be over in no time.

Am gonna play this season, but if it`s fortnightly, i am out, i`m afraid.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep it weekly, as my dad gets used to me missing dinner once a week (reheat it later)or he does salad.....

once a fortnight would mess him up.

Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fornightly thing was a suggestion guys mainly to help me out to be honest so if we get a raft of call offs because of it I don't have a problem with withdrawing to let it go ahead as a weekly thing.

I'll draft in a ringer to take my place on the team and I'll try and come back for season 9.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about two seasons a year 12 weeks duration, 2x25 laps weekly...
march april and may, then september october and november?

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sosteve wrote:

cool third way Steve ++

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sosteve wrote:

I'd prefer 2 seasons a year but I cop enough crap for doing an 8 week season Laughing

Negotiations are tentative, the offer on the table is I get to to do season 8 if I buy her a new ipod, being ripped off if you ask me. Anything for a quiet life Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
sosteve wrote:

I'd prefer 2 seasons a year but I cop enough crap for doing an 8 week season Laughing

Negotiations are tentative, the offer on the table is I get to to do season 8 if I buy her a new ipod, being ripped off if you ask me. Anything for a quiet life Evil or Very Mad

BLACKMAIL

The crime involving a threat for purposes of compelling a person to do an act against his or her will, or for purposes of taking the person's money or property.

The term blackmail originally denoted a payment made by English persons residing along the border of Scotland to influential Scottish chieftains in exchange for protection from thieves and marauders.

In blackmail the threat might consist of physical injury to the threatened person or to someone loved by that person, or injury to a person's reputation. In some cases the victim is told that an illegal act he or she had previously committed will be exposed if the victim fails to comply with the demand.

Although blackmail is generally synonymous with Extortion, some states distinguish the offenses by requiring that the former be in writing.

Blackmail is punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both.
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for season 8 we should probably stick to 8 weeks and then later in the year go to 12 so like Mid suggested we don't do this over the summer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad idea steve ! id rather stick too weekly gps
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beechy mentions in another post that PG clan are about to enter a team in Season 8 and that needs a little discussion.
The Grands Prix are set up for Regulars to enjoy some competition and give their imaginations a workout by inventing semi-fictitious racing marques and liveries, all without the dead hand of organised inter-clan matches sucking the fun out of it. I hope you will see the paradox of having a fun event like this being taken on by a clan.
I worry that this is the thin end of the wedge and PG's rivals will be up for it next and more teams of three Aces will be on their way sporting clan tags and bringing all that clan jazz with them.
Mad Laps GP should be a no-clan zone if we want to keep the feel of the original, so may I propose such entries play on the same basis as all of us and compete as we do: mixed ability teams in special liveries of a team invented for the series. I don't consider PG's proposed entry as 'mixed ability'.
please discuss

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Mid I agree I'm not keen on clans entering our racing series. I think this is partially because they will tan us six ways from sunday and because I reckon they can't be arsed to organise their own.

If and it's an if we let these guys compete they won't be competing in one team and they will be split amongst teams already set up requiring a third. I let Reh enter March last season and while they were competitive they weren't upsetting the balance which was lucky more than anything else. At the moment as I'm basically not playing tm I'll need the guys that are playing to vouch these people who want to enter are coming on the server and showing their skills otherwise anyone who nobody has heard of can take a hike.

My feeling is we'll see how many regulars sign up as they get preference in my books and if anyone else wants to sign up they'll need to let us know why we should let them and as Mid said I don't think there should be any clan teams entering.
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for March, those guys weren't completely unknown, also thanks to the MPS events that some mad-lappers have been competing in as well, and we knew they would fit in well regarding speed - the pG guys could turn out to be 3 sabre-like players (unknown and underrated)

Though I think we should be open to new faces and allow them to play, I'd agree with posts above, let them split up and join other teams if they really want to, this would also help them getting to know other mad-lappers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moldo wrote:
Though I think we should be open to new faces and allow them to play, I'd agree with posts above, let them split up and join other teams if they really want to, this would also help them getting to know other mad-lappers

All for new faces moldo it's just increasingly the racing series some seem interested in and nothing else, we're a community which is why we insist that guys come on before hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: