Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas tank for MadLaps championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semi good idea there mark
and now im inspired to say

cant someone ideally the creator if they know ho create a basic replay whack it up on youtube and post here a week before if possible:

we get a look at the track but cant practice lines. Very Happy

Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory could recreate the track ourselves, not sure if anyones THAT desperate for an edge though

*cough* spanky *cough*
StevieM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or we could keep the system as it is, as I don't personally think it needs changing at all.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevieM wrote:
Or we could keep the system as it is, as I don't personally think it needs changing at all.

Wink
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally when I'm organised I want to post screenshots of the tracks we'll be racing a few days beforehand. I fully intend to get this done for Tuesday but you should know by now I don't get things done as soon as I'd like ad I apologise for that.
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
but you should know by now I don't get things done as soon as I'd like ad I apologise for that.

Nothing to apologise for Cheese can't help being busy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark-s wrote:
30 mins before seems fair to me, but if the admin involved in putting the tracks up was a little earlier on a couple of occasions, and he decided to put them on 15 - 30 mins earlier then bonus Wink

Tracks will go on as soon as one of us is available to do it.

However, I still think everyone being given the exact same amount of time to practice is fairer. If there is a genuine fear that 15mins per track practice isn't enough I can turn the respawns on again, personally I don't think we need to, the amount of finishers last week shows that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:

However, I still think everyone being given the exact same amount of time to practice is fairer.

This is something I don't understand, whats wrong with how the system is now? Everyone appears on madlaps within the hour before the start, the tracks are put on around half hour before the race starts, we go through each track a couple times. I think I managed 16 or so laps of one of the tracks in practise, easy enough time to learn a track.
However I did notice alot of people's cars parked on the tracks, not practising, so it's up to the player to practise as much as possible.
I think 30mins is easy enough, the first two races went very well imo apart from the people joining to spec, don't think we need to upload the tracks any sooner, wouldnt be fair that way.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough StevieM, i'm a cig and coffee offender during practice, tbh I haven't got your attention span to stick an hour at the screen concentrating hard... maybe thirty years ago Wink
I've got no grumbles about the status quo, really. Was honestly looking for a way to translate the great interest in the gPs into some more general server action.

Skin by Baino
StevieM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
fair enough StevieM,Was honestly looking for a way to translate the great interest in the gPs into some more general server action.

Then how about we use the same method of attracting people to GP's as attracting people to race on the madlaps server on a standard evening...the forum? Make a post, wednesday night (for example), a time, whos up for some madlaps racin' action? People reply "Me", we turn up, the number of people online attracts even more people to the server who havn't raced before..voila..
Keep doing this a few times and eventually more and more people will come..
Well, hopefully.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevieM wrote:
Make a post, wednesday night (for example), a time, whos up for some madlaps racin' action? People reply "Me", we turn up

Nothing beats a game of spontanious racing Very Happy
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or we all just add each other as friends in tm or msn so that when we go on we all know and can make our way to madlaps if we feel like it. Kinda what it's there for. Wink
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always said a night of the week with no particular event (just turn up and drive) would be a good idea, good post there Stevie.

What I want to discuss is what people think of real circuit replicas for GPs. It's not something I want to do more than once a season but it's happened in the past (F1 USA in an early season I think) and it can't go down worse than Andy's dirt GP tracks did Twisted Evil .

The reason I bring this up is Matt's got a nice version of Yas Marina he sent me and if it's going to be GPed, it needs to be tomorrow I feel.
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's good why not. Matt's real life tracks tend to be very good his Monaco is brilliant as is Brands.
StevieM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't touch a single other server other than madlaps tonight, to see how many peeps we got on there and have some good racing, was fun.
Lets say we keep it this way? Smile

Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Stevie you're obviously going to need to live on Madlaps now so no more esl and whatever else you do.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw 23 at one point last night Smile
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Season 8 of the Hooters Mad Laps Racing series is a mere 2 months away get your ideas for anything you'd like to see incorporated or changed with regards format etc.

Here is a format change the missus suggested to me, might not go down to well, to start with she said I don't want to see you on that bloody racing game again, after some sweet talking from yours truly I negotiated that to how about fortnightly sweetheart. It's probably a non starter but how about 4 15lap races every fortnight?.

Discuss Very Happy
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who will have to enter negotiations shortly I understand your problem, I'd be happy with every two weeks and it would make my life easier.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys still run these GP's at 8 on a tuesday? Couldn't be arsed looking too hard through the old threads to dig it out, so figured I'd ask before deciding if I can race in season 8 Wink

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23

Jump to: