Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major lag at Race start....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oddman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Major lag at Race start.... Reply with quote

Ok for those that may know,

Is it just me or do some of the newer maps on the main server have some really bad lag, one specifically (cant recall the name will check and edit post) has a short left hand bend that turns to a ramp and a small jump to the right and and elevating track. - Directly in front of the ramp is a big warning sign, as you approach this ramp you uber lag making it hard / sometimes impossible to steer??

Just me ? Is this related to the buildings and signs there? Curious to know as it only seems to occur on the first lap and not the consecutive ones.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oddman, sorry the game plays like this for you and you're not alone, sadly. I've got a good PC but one or two of our tracks even tax my resources and late starting is a feature I also experience, especially on servers that are massively multiplayer.
All I can suggest is that you ensure all unnecessary background programs are disabled, including anti-virus packages with 'resident shield' type functions. Don't opt for eye-candy your GFX can't easily handle ie try disabling shadows and hi-res on opponent's vehicles. Use the Advanced tabs and run bench tests for a wide variety of settings: the results may surprise you and will in any case increase your understanding of the game's requirements.

Skin by Baino
Oddman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: The lag on laps.... Reply with quote

Ah cheers Midden,
I'll have a look at those in a minute then Smile, btw the specific race i was on about is 'Race - Short', sorry couldnt find the name until now :/

lHave made a note of those tips and will have a fiddle later, at least i know i'm not alone Smile

Just a bit of a shame cos its probably one of my favourite tracks really Smile

Odds
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you mean the one by DTM. I'm suprised that you get lag on that as there are tracks on the server that provide much more lag (BTIC for example, is the most laggiest track for me). Its only a couple of corners that lag though, so i dont bother changing settings as a couple of laggy corners dont hurt for me.
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTIC is laggier than a laggy thing that lags on a lagged pipe!!!
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

злов37.6BettBettIntoМеньJeweVitaУстьТараNora1404проф
HardJeweStarMenuУсосКитаRajnTeleiPodOptieasyBounрома
музыChilмаршсертЧовдBreaПухаAlleматрLaurSlenсертЖура
ВолкGoreАркрJetFучасTonyPayoblonслезNicoXsanVasiWind
MornNintSeelПрянWiimElegGrimНишнvadiБешаЮллеGoblслов
ЕГАдNighCottДаниWoolGiocкатаHeroWindDisnRaymSmasкоро
WindунивLasswwwcJeweKrieTeddChroвзлеКитаJeweELEGXbox
SonyMystмешоИ-85RondосвяБугаLuigMemoфабрвелеAnniBern
OrigStevRobeWindБелоMakeстреSkatсочиJoelМакуResiклей
изолмесяMinuКитаПроиAskoWindГорьDownАртиJeanКолиБерт
M882ЛихарабоValgПроирубл1985JazzАртиязыккараудовSCRA
HounгранWindPinnлистLEGOBorkValeFranBritромаЛитРслов
ИванАтилLuxuGaiuЛитРЛитРШилоЦВолМинктворПроиИллюHenr
АнтоНаумДовлTherЗотоCracPaulИдемBritinfoТолсMartClea
BattBeauГрибProdСониПьянтворVIIIJackГуриШорыСедлAnne
сотрУшак36-4ЕгорflasребеХилтБакуРазмувермесямесямеся
ТараБашкEricJameMoodмалыLuciКиреМакаStayBikiСодеtuchkas
Onlyзоло
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforeman
gangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisions
geophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringe
halfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteraction
hartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonment
jobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglory
kerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatom
knowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingload
laissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheart
lasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfield
mailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctor
navelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoid
onesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualitybooster
quasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchain
recessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrology
scarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestungun
tacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkas
ultramaficrockultraviolettesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: