Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP 11 & 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: GP 11 & 12 Reply with quote

Time to Fly: I was concerned about this one from the start. Stacked it in the wallride on the first lap; not a good start. Managed to carve my way through the field on the first few laps to get near the top 10. First up was Mid; I took safe lines compared to his and was able to take his position due to an unlucky crash on his part. Came up behind Rust and JawZ who were already having a good battle between themselves. Scrapped with them for a while, then made a mistake or two and came in in 9th. Pleased with that.

Drop Down: Didn't fare well here. Was running in the bottom section of the top 10 for quite a while, then tried taking the final jump at less than the required speed and was caught out by the previous checkpoint. It took two attempts to reverse upwards and get enough speed to jump successfully and I lost 9 or 10 places. Spent the rest of the time chasing SoSteve and Shad and finished in 15th or 16th. Can I suggest that before this goes on the main server the final checkpoint is moved to the middle of the banked bit and the timed camera in the loop is set to keep playing and a blank clip be added on the exit (very nice otherwise Mark).

Last edited by DaCheese on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
-slowth-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1: F%*&654 W&^$%$rs
Had a relatively faultless race but never even finished due to everyone deciding it was ok to use the short cut. I saw people practicing the short cut on the warm up but thought to myself 'theres no way that will be allowed,shortcuts aren't allowed,end of'.
The track is clearly designed otherwise,with a speed up on the hill but it seems that if enough people decide to use a short cut,its ok all of a sudden. I stubbornly raced it how it was designed to be raced,alone, and got no points. Sod you all, my concience is clear Razz

race 2:My usual half way down the field kind of race. Only the one mistake,hitting the drop down hole and spinning wildly in the air but landed it on the track in spectacular fashion so no real harm done.Nice track, always fun powersliding round corners.
Finished 11th and dashed off to watch the Portugal game, still sulking from race 1.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1: i did something wrong causing me to drop down abit...themn had nice battle with cheese and rust

race 2: i kept making errors...then bout lap 15 i start thinking bout sleeping...then i find myself clipping the hole going flying...wwas bout 14th...theni decided to sit on the line at the end. i finished 19th

also this is my last weekend this season as im off to Mull (was originaly going jura/islay. but organiser changed mind)

MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1: started carmly, got swat after a few laps, got that 1st pos into finish with only one or two little mistakes

race 2: 1st in the first laps, then made mistakes, so i lost about 35 seconds by respawning two times while going the pace of the leading people, had to respawn the third time at the last cp and lost two more positions
->10th in the end
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two lovely maps but I had a mare...

Race 1: I was confident here. It's my kind of track. At 7:58 I decided that there was time to stick the lasagne in the oven as my mrs had been kept back at work and had recently got in; I knew the race wouldn't start bang on 8pm as it never does. I got back to the PC at about 8:02 and noticed that the leader was on 8 checkpoints and "gl hf" was the last chat entry. Gulp! I was 2 laps down. The race had started on time! Clawed my way up to 13th. My own stupid fault.

Race 2: Again, quietly confident and after 2 laps I was trading places with the top 5, having little moments in the lead. Then it all went wrong. I'm guessing DaCheese and I did the same thing - clipped that final checkpoint and lost the required speed to take the jump. The respawn forces a long crawl back up the hill and incuding the original accident it must have cost me about 40 secs. Ended up getting lapped and can't even remember where I finished.

Sorry Spanky! I screwed up!
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-slowth- wrote:
race 1: F%*&654 W&^$%$rs
Had a relatively faultless race but never even finished due to everyone deciding it was ok to use the short cut. I saw people practicing the short cut on the warm up but thought to myself 'theres no way that will be allowed,shortcuts aren't allowed,end of'.
The track is clearly designed otherwise,with a speed up on the hill but it seems that if enough people decide to use a short cut,its ok all of a sudden. I stubbornly raced it how it was designed to be raced,alone, and got no points. Sod you all, my concience is clear Razz

Yeh...as I've said a few times I didn't even know the cut was there untill mad/shad pointed it out to me a couple of hours before the race (the funny thing is that i spent about half an hour trying to get that series of corners right, only to find out you could hop over it all just like that Evil or Very Mad ). Mad did say he would announce the use of the cut acceptable before the race..

Would it be a good idea to remove the cut when it goes on the server?
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 - Had a lonely race in 3rd, Dodgy caught me up once but then just disappeared somewhere... Confused

Race 2 - Got an early lead, no prises for guessing what happened when Thug started talking... Dropped back by about 13 seconds, but just recovered a little bit of the time gradually, and got back into 1st with about 6 or 7 laps to go. Very Happy
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: GP 11 & 12 Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
Can I suggest that before this goes on the main server the final checkpoint is moved to the middle of the banked bit and the timed camera in the loop is set to keep playing and a blank clip be added on the exit (very nice otherwise Mark).

done cheese sorry all for the last cp it was originally just before the jump checked all the respawn places found the problem and pushed it back up the hill, then went on to do the in game text, the intro and forgot to check the respawn Embarassed

race 1 for me turtled right before the first cp so when i respawned it was back to the start for me so half a lap down straight away just plodded on then till the end picked up a couple of places.

race 2 done the same as bunsen in first race went to the kitchen quickly got back gl all on the screen plus wes saying is this it 30 seconds down straight away. faultless race though and managed to finish.
need to get hold of some of rehs fuel because at times i was flat out and he comes past as though your not moving Laughing
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:

Sorry Spanky! I screwed up!

You're not the only one.

1st race I played it honest for 10 laps saw everyone going by me using the cut so thought sod it I might as well, managed to catch 4 folks but got no further than that.

2nd race, was in 11th, hit the last cp and dropped to 16th, think I managed to get 12th in the end due to a few of you doing what I did.

Can't win them all, but one would be nice.

I'll be doing a performance related bonus for next seasons SpankyTech drivers if I can recruit any Laughing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, the cut was an interesting one..... It was obvious and I enjoyed racing it. It also cut the lap times down to a more preferred time. I also thought it would be very difficult to police as any quick hops would go easily unnoticed. I announced in practice alot that the cut was acceptable and hoped that people got the message. Sorry it confused people.
JawZ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should of called the track "the cut is ok" Cool

da dude 24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't find out that it was actually a cut until someone told me, i thought it was the actual way to go Razz
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race: a few crashes, otherwise ok. 2nd place i think

2nd race: great fun. started off 6 seconds behind the pack due to a crash and clawed myself up the rest of the way.
was 3 seconds behind DG on last lap and almost passed him on the last corner. think it was 0.48 behind. really fun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

проф32.3BettBettThicAlfrModeКереотрыBurtJohnJanaАрти
FirsOasiИллюclasкресКитаClarChriгречOptiJuicМежеПерм
газеButtавврSETVEricFedaEmilСердкухнWestSlenCurlКаза
РожаTykwразнFiskДжамЮсупMythсертромаMartDawnМБулhard
АртиXVIIAllamattWindPaliNighXVIIМиллрезуmailWoodCasu
ШатрEuryБелялогоOZONGiocкатаWindWindHoshMiguLibe1515
WindIdriWindWindFindFameFlasBubcMastIMPEQuatviscHerm
RalpMystExpePeteMiyoкомпЕвсеКоваMikeChesWindэкспStep
ColuStevРоссProjистоДангSwarMounJameJackкульDeadNouv
JuniBlueEazyUltrNordПроиWindProlинстЕськЕськИтал6117
CollБудикомпAUTOLanzуголязыкJazzАртиучилОбъерастAlia
LegeElitWindNarnBoomMolePhilуведDreaPediОрлоЛитРКаме
унивTrevBlueMimiЛитРЛитРмодеАтмоДаниСодеакушразнHono
МахаВладХмарDecoClaiOlegShorNortAustChriТихопокаBori
striTangОсипобщеСунцкомпСодеавтоНовиМитюКожоStepLisa
СнисУшакFransuccБелкГрозMicrWilhСухиRowlBlueBlueBlue
ЩукиСтраОбраLondЖуричитаИллюКрасMAMAвойнГаврПинаtuchkas
АллеКозл
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkas
сайтсайт
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: