Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanky has got the right hump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaValle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: I'll never win another race Reply with quote

I'll never win another race now that late starting has been banned. In fact, I probably won't race much at all, becuase I only finish typing before the start in like, 1/20 odd races or so. I will try not to start late though, because admittedly there have been times before that I seem to get on the bad side of everyone on the Servalot/Madlaps server. I don't want to do that again, and it seems like late starting would definetly tick some people off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ViRuS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late starting , a never ending topic , i never late start on purpose , but if im minimzed , typing , phone just rang or lagged i cant help it , i hit enter because if i do race good and win id like the record to be normal.
p.s ''srsly tho ure right m8, The King is asking for ridicule and derision with a nick like that, late starting only confirms the whiff of tosser ' i couldnt tell if this was a joke or not , i rarely see the king late start and i i think hes a nice guy.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ranting again Evil or Very Mad

4 races tonight I was ahead of the same person and she late started every bloody time. Mainly because she was gabbing so sodding much. How can you race someone when you can't see them and yet they're ahead of you. Totally ruins races for me racing against people who can be 5 secs behind you on the track and 5 tenths ahead of you through checkpoints.

Sorry just frustrates the hell out of me.
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
I'm ranting again Evil or Very Mad

yes Laughing

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:

yes Laughing

It's ok I've calmed down now Laughing

I just won't speak to her anymore Twisted Evil

And I promise not to shout "quit yapping and start on time for the love of god woman" well I'll try not to Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, SM, think of the game not as a race but as a three-lap qualifying session agains harmless ghosts. Now I've got some pictures of kittens that I'm going to send you. Whenever you get angry, just look at the picture of the kittens. (I paraphrase Naboo.)
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve said I was being OTT about the late starting, being fair I don't see him doing it.

When it's done deliberately it's to gain an unfair advantage and is bloody cheating. Could you imagine if you could do it in a GP it would be hilarious, nobody would start and if anyone did they would hit restart saying well if I they aint going I aint going, would be like a Mexican stand off.

I suppose what got my back up is when I saw one of the newer guys had done well and got on a podium picked up a few points beating me and a few others then bang someone who should know better pops up with two secs to go and knocks this dude off the podium, they didn't get any points for doing it so was it really worth them knocking this guy down the ladder especially when he was so chuffed at getting a podium. Maybe its a maturity thing winning is more important than doing it honourably to some people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt mean it in a bad way, just as a joke. But its good that your posting stuff up so we talk about it, and then people know where the boundaries are. Wink
ViRuS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I suppose what got my back up is when I saw one of the newer guys had done well and got on a podium picked up a few points beating me and a few others then bang someone who should know better pops up with two secs to go and knocks this dude off the podium, they didn't get any points for doing it so was it really worth them knocking this guy down the ladder especially when he was so chuffed at getting a podium. Maybe its a maturity thing winning is more important than doing it honourably to some people.
'
was the guy me? because im one of the only people who get 0 points
yes i admit i do late start , but it isnt every race , i usually have a reason and i usually say sorry
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the other day I restarted that one with the big jump at the start where you go right a bit after i screwed it up ... and went on to win. That track usually has quite a lot of crashes so it makes sense to give it another go (read also Home, Long way and Cough, Whooping). I sure as hell didn't expect to win it; it can be quite a long wait.

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments and it gives me the hump too, but I don't think it is always done maliciously.
ViRuS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments and it gives me the hump too, but I don't think it is always done maliciously.
AMEN

P.S
So howcome you havent got anything better to do at 9.40 like me BJ
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just it. I have. This is why in general I am something of a failure in life.
ViRuS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol fair doos im in college atm , 2 more lessons and 4 day weekend
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViRuS wrote:
was the guy me? because im one of the only people who get 0 points
yes i admit i do late start , but it isnt every race , i usually have a reason and i usually say sorry

No it wasn't you but it was someone who knows that it is frowned upon especially as nobody else was nearly as high ranked as him and it was totally unnecessary.

I imagine the majority of people who do it are doing it fairly innocently. Hermes Girl was really hacking me off with it a couple of nights back but that was because she was chatting so much between races and missing the starts not that she was trying to gain an advantage from what I could see. I only get Hulked out about it when I see people who are quite capable of winning the race without resorting to late starting to avoid the first corner chaos.

I learned more from watching faster racers like Bboy, CRJ and Mad and their racing lines than I would have done if they had decided to late start and we never saw them until the scoreboard came up when they beat us mere mortals and our times. It is laps racing after all not time attack.

Tell you one thing this server is not that bad for it, Koverseny Reborn in Hungary its the accepted norm and its almost impossible to tell where you actually are in the standings until the 1 min countdown after you finish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i never realised late starting got people so mad.

Sure it's kind of annoying when you think you've won and someone finishes after you and takes the win. I never do it on purpose or to gain an advantage but if i fly off the track or turtle 20 seconds into the race i'm not gonna just sit there.

For some reason on Mad Laps I usually late start by about 0.4s without doing anything, just my PC i think.

If people are so bothered about not being able to see the first corner, in the options you can set the number of opponents which are displayed.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM the 0.4 seconds is often due to ping and yes your PC comms with the server. It's amazing it can be that close at all if you think about whats happening.

I do get pig sick when I lag behind people half way round the globe though and my PC is 2" from the server Smile
Dantski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up late starting by 2-3 secs today, got into the actual race lead, but then crashed a lot. Was going to still win (by time) when I got to the line though and hit enter 0.5 before end.

It's not like it costs me points or anything. Razz
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad, I know little about computers but I do know that you should never be more than 1 inch from the server. Sorted.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted bunsen, I've pushed my gamer left an inch and a half towards the server and removed the dust and cobwebs between them to improve performance.
retoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted then
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: