Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMForever - What about the future of MadLaps ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: TMForever - What about the future of MadLaps ? Reply with quote

Hey guys, i was just wondering what was about to happen after the releases of TMUForever and TMNForever updates.

Are you already thinking about the possibilities DaMadMan ?
One lap server for both games ?
A Stadium only to meet everyone in our community and a TMU one with others enviro tracks for those who get the game ?

Is there already something in your mad mind about this story ?
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe mad laps
and mad laps old school

both in TMNF

mad laps being tracks made with new blocks
and mad laps old school = old tracks in day enviro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSWAT wrote:

both in TMNF

But how about all the tracks we made for Bay, Island, Coast, ...
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I have a problem Smile

United seems to fail because the combination of environments disrupt the racing, and the software bugs do the rest.

stadium racing being the most consistant it seems the best environment for laps racing. Other environments are not to be outlawed but are not as refined.

In the grand scheme of trying to include everyone, stadium only would seem the way to go..... but we could run a stadium only server and a mixed server..... and I quite like the old school/ new school idea as nations tracks will look very plain in united but it would be a shame not to use them....

I will wait and see what it looks like before making a final decision.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be totally opposed to an old school server unless school was spelt skool.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunsen

Ok Mad, thanks for your answer
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
I would be totally opposed to an old school server unless school was spelt skool.

I second that Very Happy

The united server had tracks that were originally used in nations but were tarted up with the additional elements United offered, I quite liked racing some of the old tracks but with new bankings and dirt sections. In a sick way I actually quite liked some of the other cars in united even though they were a nightmare to handle, made the racing far more unpredictable, particularly that top gear test track.

It's a right buggar I went and created my first track in 9 months and nobody will be using it Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The United version of More Than A Feeling appeared regularly on my late night test sessions on MLU and was brilliant. Let's get more than that kind of thing going.

I know I've already said this about 3 times but I think the tracks going on a mixed environment server should be very carefully looked at to avoid too much of one environment like we had last time with Coast. I'd be happy to do that once one of my supervisors who has a buggered back is in action once more (that's why I haven't been testing any tracks, I'm really sorry about that).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...kinda complicated this...
see i would be voting for a stadium only server...but mixed server would be fantastic too, if it was well balanced.
we don't know what TMF will be like though. will the new blocks tottally diversify stadium and make it open to many new different types of track?
maybe the blocks will make stadium so good that peeps will skip tracks from other enviros just to get to stadium...
and another thing is, these new block Mad laps stadium tracks won't see the light of day on the (prolly more populated) TMNF because all enviros are not available on TMNF. gosh...3 servers wud make things sooo much easier...

hope u guys understood that, im not the best at explaining stuff lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of Swat. 'Tis a tricky issue...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something here? I though TMNF was only having Stadium, but a version resembling TMU's stadium atmospheres, and TMUF was going to be everything.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TMNF stadium will have all of the blocks from TMUF, so there won't be any problem with TMUF stadium tracks on TMNF.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
Am I missing something here? I though TMNF was only having Stadium, but a version resembling TMU's stadium atmospheres.

No, you're not missing anything at all, that's exactly right. It's other people who are completely confusing what the Forever patch will do.

TMN after the Forever patch, will be TMU's stadium now. Nadeo have said MANY times that there will not be any new blocks added to TMU's Stadium.....probably. However, there have been mention very recently of one or two additions, possibly to appease buyers moaning that "it's the same old thing".

New TMU Stadium blocks :

Cyclic boost = a booster which varies it's effect over time (Well that's tatally unfair and useless then).
Launch into space = a secret button admin control which selectively punts nutters, cheats, and ner'do'wells, out of the whole game and onto another game entirely.....Solitaire.
Chicken block : turns a race car into a chicken, which everyone then does their best to run over, or avoid, depending on how much you like bird flu, and chickens!

Well one of those is on the card's I'm sure! Very Happy

Sooooo. After the Forver patch (the confused can repeat after me at this point) : TMNF will be the same as TMU's current Stadium. Nothing else!

Of course this means a lot to us, as TMU's Stadium has shed loads more blocks than TMN has. But I beg of all track creators to be sparing with the new United blocks you add! When the "eXtreme" patch arrived for Sunrise, the new blocks were mostly rubbish (vertical sections no one could get around!) that after a month players numbers were on a downward swing. We tried to crash our way around tracks that shoved in every new section possible, and made a complete @r$e of the gameplay in the process! So while TMNF will have hovering checkpoints, dirt roads, nice new lighting effects, and lots of new useless scenery, DO NOT FEEL YOU HAVE TO USE THEM ALL!. It might run fine for you, on your 8 core CPU, triple SLi, úber PC, but what about the rest of us? If you're determined to use all the new parts, be considerate and at least ask someone with a low end PC to test the frame rate for you!

No more confusion now. TMN+F = TMU's stadium now.

bunsenjetson wrote:
...and TMUF was going to be everything.

Right again. TMU is all the previous TM game environments rolled into one.

Desert, Rally, Snow (TMO + new Forever blocks), Bay, Coast, Island (TMS Extreme, with no new blocks), Stadium (TMN with the United block set)
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are new blocs for the TMU Stadium and after the update, both Stadiums, TMN and TMU ones, gonna be the same. The TMN stadium, will be like the TMU one, including new TMU stadium blocs.

Is that clear enough ? Mr. Green
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some people say the TMU stadium drives a little bit differently or something, care to elaborate?
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, there are gonna be new blocks on a few enviros

secondly, there are new cars in the screenshots so im guessing they'll have made more nation cars (IRL, SCO etc.)

thirdly, there were physics changes made to TMU that effected the handling (only very slightly though) but these physics changes will make PF (press forward) tracks from TMN original not work the same

but im guessing that tracks will have morning day dusk and night options that make the game look much prettier (i love the night mode)

the only main concern of mine: will minimum graphics work on my PC?
reason: my PC is crap

will this new addition spell the end of my trackmania career..?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play (as i do on my comp) on pc0 or pc1 there won't be any problem.
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minimum quality is PC0..i still have problems with tracks with mud
i do not have a graphics card.

i have a graphics sandwich
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gording, nice comments about tracks and pieces.... we appreciate that using all the blocks in TMN is easy, but using them to make a good track is darn tricky. It is the same in United and most of us have dabbled, with some success with the new pieces. It does take much longer to produce a good track in united and is more challenging. I'm looking forward to the return of some tracks and stadium pieces, but dreading the headaches and bugs that it will bring.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, you can't build tracks in the United stadium that freely mix dirt and grey-tarmac-type-stuff. This generally leaves you with an indecisive and only half-baked track. One surface has to dominate; for example, in Artificial Wetland I put a few tarmac bits in but the emphasis is still very much on the dirt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: