Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP ME!! =o

View previous topic :: View next topic  
da dude 24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: HELP ME!! =o Reply with quote

i just got a new computer... that isn't new and now there are lines going everywhere on some of my high-quality games!(including trackmania)and it's really annoying - makes me lose Sad... i think you can see them, they're just like someone has gone and smudged the graphics in the game across the screen...

can anyone help me? Surprised

Ps: sorry about the quality...
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant see the image but is it like pink/ yellow lines?

i get this sometimes, only on tmn tho

Gording

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: HELP ME!! =o Reply with quote

da dude 24 wrote:
i just got a new computer... that isn't new and now there are lines going everywhere on some of my high-quality games!(including trackmania)

Polygon shearing like that is often the sign of a damaged or faulty graphics card (usually due to careless overclocking), however a fault will usually affect all your 3D games....not just the high quality ones (Trackmania, high quality? Nooooo! Very Happy). Before you can confirm the possibilty of broken hardware, you should update your graphics drivers to newest versions, and run your PC with the case off for a little while just in case the hardware is clogged with dust and/or overheating.

If shearing is still evident after that, you should beg, borrow, or sell you soul for the loan of (I'd never condone stealing unless it was from Bill "the demon" Gates) another graphics card, and see if that removes the problem. Graphics cards that don't have a large enough power supply to power them might also give the same sort of polygon shearing through 3D games....and the more difficult the game, the more likely you'll see polygon artifacts, as more power is required to do all the hard work. Reduce features, detail levels, and resolutions, to see if this alters anything.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks gord, you beat me to it and explained it very elegantly Smile

Various tools also exist that can help you diagnose the problems but definately try all the obvious answers first... especially the cleaning out of the case....
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same in WoW and Counterstrike ET a while back

But TMN always worked fine Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou! Very Happy i'll give everything everyone said a try. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: