Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 2 Week 6 GP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Season 2 Week 6 GP Reply with quote

Needs to be somewhere to wright race reports

especially after that weekend for me

race 1 : great race dant fell back look like a safe 2nd but around lap 12-14, then descided to slow down to make sure i had 4th, yet still pleased

race 2 : 2 lap race with medi, then moldo passed and medi fell back, then the 15 lap race began with dantski, this was possible the most fun i'd had in a GP in ages - mainly because i wasnt alone on the track - dant had a few more aggressive lines, in the end it cost him as he lost more time than he gained and 2nd. last time i raced with dant was race 1 season 1 won on the last corner and got 2nd. great fun 13 pts + 20 pts best result in ages
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1

Was just behind Moldo and comfortable at his pace. Then I buried it in the wall twice on lap 3, which put me a dozen seconds back and dropped me to 13th or something. Reset my goal to finishing 2nd and was possibly on my way to that before crashing again with 2-3 laps to go and letting Voices past. He made an error a lap later and I drove a pretty good last lap so he never had a chance to take it back.

Race 2

Pretty slow start with all the blooming cars in the way. After a couple laps the mist cleared and I closed on Moldo.

Then for the next 15 laps it was a vicious circle of events

crash -> voices passes -> go hell for leather -> pass voices -> crash

And with 2 laps to go I had a big shunt on the first corner (tickled barrier 3 times) and that settled that.
retoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was out in town untill 8 and couldnt get homw in time. sorry for missing but tbh i dont have much motivation towards this season. i hope it comes back by the start of the next season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty decent races for me.

1st race - Started very badly, hitting the 1st chicane at the start of the 2nd lap, and making a couple of other silly errors in the next few laps. Pulled it together after that, and ran smoothly for most of the race, managing to work my way up to 6th, after a good few battling laps with JGG.

2nd race - Started really well, being in 8th after a couple of laps, and then working my way forwards to 4th. Spent a long time in 4th, with every now and then medi appearing alongside me but me fighting him off. Then disaster struck Sad Crashed at the bottom of the hill twice in 4 laps, and lost 2 places and too much time to make up on 5th. Ended up 6th.

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

DodgyGeezer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1:

Came out of the first couple of laps in about 10th, kept plodding around laughing at the carpark full of upside down cars, moved slowly but surely to 2nd, then a lonely race until dan appeared on the radar then promptly dissapeared. happy with that.

Race 2:

Bad start again, couple of walltouches sending me to 13th, plodded on again, getting up to 4th, about 8 or 9 secs behind top 3 but unable to make any impression.

That'l do nicely for me.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race went pretty good, Voices had a good start but I'm glad he crashed a bit too often ^^

2nd race was scary. Thought I would crash, but took the lead. I kept looking at the times and saw that Dant and Geezer and Voices were gaining on me sometimes, and sometimes losing a bit. Thank god I finished it Smile

Pleased about taking Dan's rec last minute, which gave me my 2nd 52 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: T'was a writeoff.

Race 2: This one too.

Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 I seemed to ride my luck pretty well until the last lap when turtled landing the jump after the 1st loop. How I laughed Mad

Race 2 finished it for a change Very Happy but what a bum week for MATRA !

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashed on the first lap of both races. Ran back to the pits to get the spare Matra, and crashed that too. In both. Not very cheerful at present about the whole evening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny no one mentioned the re-start on race 2. I was running 7 and had found the line (for once) when all of a sudden we restrted (5 or 6 laps in). Threw me off my game, lost the line and wiped out after 5 laps.

Race 1 was my usual rubbish run. Did a few laps before flipping, wasn't last (really my only goal for now).
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supergrinch wrote:
Funny no one mentioned the re-start on race 2. I was running 7 and had found the line (for once) when all of a sudden we restrted (5 or 6 laps in). Threw me off my game, lost the line and wiped out after 5 laps.

Race 1 was my usual rubbish run. Did a few laps before flipping, wasn't last (really my only goal for now).

? That was a warmup mate - we take a 3-5 min break between races Wink

Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supergrinch wrote:

And no offence, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't drive seriously in the warm-up, so you may seem in a higher position than you actually would be Wink
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moldo wrote:
Supergrinch wrote:

And no offence, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't drive seriously in the warm-up, so you may seem in a higher position than you actually would be Wink

What? You weren't driving seriously in the warmup? So I WASN'T battling for the lead for real?

*runs off and cries in the corner*

Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry tred i finished second in the GP and i raced in the warm-up so it wasn't much off 1st
Supergrinch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected.

And corrected.

And corrected.

And corrected.

And yes. Embarassed

Anyone else wants to jump on, I have a kidney that's not bruised yet. Shocked
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supergrinch wrote:
Anyone else wants to jump on, I have a kidney that's not bruised yet. Shocked

*Comes running in*

Damnit I'm too late, ooh wait they haven't bruised that one yet *boot*

Job done Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: