Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNRC 26.2.08 Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: TNRC 26.2.08 Results Reply with quote

This went off rather well, eighteen racers showed - eight Blues and ten Reds for most of the meeting after Bboy (great to see you enjoying yourself, Dalefan) changed Teams to sharpen the competition.
The tracks mainly proved a good selection given their hasty assembly, next week will be even better I hope with suggestions welcome.
Placing the points threshold at Four saw some of the tracks rotating a wee bit quickly, but that was as much about pwnage as anything Embarassed , not that I was doing much pwning. Almost all the points were scored by the same half-dozen guys, which was the most disappointing aspect. It occurs to me that having won a round, that player might exclude himself for one round Idea Question
My first meeting as Admin 'flying solo' and I hope I haven't garbled these results too badly:
...................................................Blues.........Reds..............................
Scotland GP....................................7................3................................
Galt's Ski Resort.............................3.................5................................
MultiLap 49......................................0................7...............................
Oval................................................4................0...............................
Stunt Nuts........................................6................0................................
Strangely Normal..............................1................4...............................
Kart Klassic.......................................5...............1...............................
Orange..............................................0...............6..............................
Wee Hops..........................................0...............4..............................
Face Your Foe....................................4...............1..............................
White Horse.......................................4...............0..............................
TRACKS WON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6 >>>>> 5 >>>>>>>>>>>

I called Time on these eleven tracks after we had played 40 minutes, which was about perfect for my piles Surprised , after which the French were rolled over and Poled HARD Twisted Evil . Yes, we all loaded up Gord's excellent 1000kp/h giant cig butts and went a-visiting on PistonLaps-One.
Now, DaMadman and me had a trial run of this a couple of weeks ago and it was hilarious with just two of us; with so many more I was in danger of pissing my pants from the laughs! Some stout fellows on Vent co-ordinated the neatest moves (such as the Red Arrows will surely be copying this summer), I had to quit at 9.15 for work but clocked in still smiling Very Happy
Thanks to everyone participating in the first Tuesday Night Racing/Raiding Club, and to DaMadman for setting it up even though he had to pass. Next week? Oyes!

Skin by Baino
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I still think the white horse score should have been 4-1, I mean, me and steve did manage a dead heat in the first round Wink

Last night was alot of fun, well done to everyone who took part and set it up Very Happy

The raid was particularly funny, theres nothing better than seeing people crash as they attempt to pass a wall of poles moving slowly around the track Razz Oh, and whoevers idea it was to make a wall at the top of that hill - brilliant Razz

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Dutchy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a vid of the whole thing which I'm editing as we speak, and still cracking up just watching it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was fun.

But you need to use a different team format. As far as I know theres 4

Team Time Attack (winner is calculated by all the drivers on both teams)
Team Rounds (same as TA just in rounds)
Team Rounds 2 (Person who comes 1st in the race wins that round for his/her team)
Team Rounds 3 (What you saw last night, 1st is worth +2, 2nd is +1)
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, what we were using last night was:

1st place = 1 point
All other racers who finish before the 1st person from the other team = +1 point

Which is why we got some rounds over so quickly, as all it took was 2 rounds with a 1-2 for a team.

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think team time attack is the "fairest" (the first one dantski mentions)

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to adjust the server settings if anyone has some bright ideas. the team setup options are not described in detail anywhere that makes sense.

Last night the team points limit was 4
The max points per team 3

this ensured 2 races per track, but would like to see points from everyone making a difference.

will experiment sometime.
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my keyboard just before stunt nuts and i missed the rest of the tracks (just guessed u were going to Piston).
I had to endure steve's gloating while not being able to race, type or exit...
btw mid, reds won on oval, (i won all of those races mwuahaha)

funniest night of TM ever, lets go to a German server next hehehehe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you had some good fun.
sorry i missed it and last weeks GP aswell.
Had my nose broke a few days ago and the last thing on my agender was been on the computer.... Sad
retoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go blue team. sadly i missed it but i hope to be there for the next one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going by Swat's scoring, Reds won Surprised , but that assumes all the other scorelines are correct and i give no guarantees, bein a bear of very little brain. Best just call it a Success Exclamation

Skin by Baino
McInSanE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSWAT wrote:
lets go to a German server next hehehehe

i don't think that's funny -_-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: