Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shakey shakey shake...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Shakey shakey shake... Reply with quote

at abit to 1am my house decided to rock rather aggressively...well not really cause nothing fell, but it wasnt a pleasent feeling for me...

i know retoon felt it.

im in bedfordshire
he in nottingham - he says he felt it abit longer than 5 seconds
a friend in london got it for 1-2 seconds.

damadman fell out of bed? or your home maintanence skills cause a explosion in killie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2008nyae.php

Shocked

Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was quite something Shocked , I thought the hotel atrium was getting ripped off in the wind, but the gales had dropped by then I realised.
If Beds AND N Yorks were affected it must have been 7.8 on the Richter Scale in Paris YAY! Wink

Skin by Baino
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah was 4.7 near lincoln

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing... nada.... zilcho Smile

just a cold wind a blowing.
Dutchy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was my bed in all honesty! Rolled around in it for about 5-6 seconds and i thought "woo, bust my bed, gonna need a new one, just dont move much it will be fine."

JawZ I was watching BBC News 24 this morning and they said it was 5.2 (nice!)

Now watch the Americans call us pansies!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--LiVERPOOL ECHO NEWS REPORT-

A major earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale hit Liverpool at around 1am 27th February 2008. The epicentre was Hull. Shock waves were felt as far afield as Bolton, Manchester and Essex. Casualties were seen wandering aimlessly saying "bang out of order", "mental" and "that did my head in". The earthquake decimated the area causing in excess of £17.55 worth of damage.
Several priceless collections of mementos from Ibiza and Corfu were damaged beyond repair. Three preserved areas of historic burned out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken before their giros arrived. The local paper reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered. They are still trying to come to terms with the fact that the damage was caused by something else instead of them. One resident Tracey Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of four said "It was such a shock, little Chardonnay-Leigh came running through the cardboard door into my bedroom crying. My hands were shaking so much that I could hardly shoot-up when I was watching Trisha the next morning". Another local resident known as Macca said the earthquake would not stop him going to work, after all, the T.W.O.C'ing, Burglaries and Graffiti would not do themselves. The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help with the crisis. Rescue workers were still searching through rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings which include benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Dukes, bone china from Poundstretcher and a number of Argos catalogues. However, they were unable to save any furniture from Crazy George's.
How can you help? This appeal hopes to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in the disaster. Clothing is most sought after. Most needed are Kappa or other tracksuits (his and hers), white socks to tuck the tracksuit bottoms into, Burberry caps, woolly Benny hats and Reebok trainers. Primark clothing is most welcome. Food parcels are also needed. They include Mcains Micro-Chips, Aldi Beans, Monster Munch, Nutella chocolate spread and Iceland pizzas. Alcohol is also in short supply, mainly Lambrini, White Lightening cider and Carlsberg Special Brew. Cash donations are also needed, 22p buys a Bic Biro for signing on purposes, £1.50 buys cheese & chips and £26 buys 200 Regal from Tommo who has just got back from Kavos
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt it alright Razz Top room of a 3 storey building in North London, and I felt it rocking for at least 4 secs, although part of that may have just been me getting into the swing of things Wink

Somehow the rest of my family didn't even notice though Confused

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Supergrinch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic reporting slowth. I see you left out the part about the reporter soiling himself mid-race as he became aware things were amiss...
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ Tred 'getting into the swing' Laughing and slowth forgot one benefit to scousers: many bins were usefully tipped over Wink

Skin by Baino
-slowth-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe,thanks for reminding me.

When racing late at night,i put my headphones on so i don't keep the housedragon awake.During the race,my chair shook so much that i thought it was the missus messing around,pretending to simulate the buffeting of a real race driver.So i swung round ,pissed off, ready to say 'wtf you up to woman,can't you see im in the middle of a race?' only to find an empty room behind me.THAT'S the exact moment i shat myself.
sakaron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wardrobe fell over i am in grimsby shame my fishing trophy broke
-slowth-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing trophy? unlucky.Your wardrobe fell over? B**s**t. My house fell down. Beat that. Rolling Eyes
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it woke me up in Manchester, and lasted 10 seconds - quite violent for a bit. I went out into the street and saw my neighbour wearing my dressing gown. I don't know which bit shook me up the most.
Dutchy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
saw my neighbour wearing my dressing gown. I don't know which bit shook me up the most.

That actually did have me laughing out loud. Well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: