Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

attention ruddy faced,cable tossing kilt wearers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-slowth-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: attention ruddy faced,cable tossing kilt wearers Reply with quote

I'm doing the Great Glen Way (Fort William to Inverness) walk in May.Any of you happen to live along the route? I predict i could kill a cup of tea in exchange for a hearty back slap and a smoke.
Any takers?
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol You've not been up here before have you? three people live between fort william and inverness, and I'm not one of them Smile

No, have a great time, it's a wonderful place. I just hope you have great weather.
JawZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im planning on doing it, hopefully later this year or next year.

tho i plan to get a train up to inverness and walk to fort william, where my mum knows someone, so i can get decent stuff there for few days,

before doing the other walk that goes from fort william to glasgow, tho i only plan to do half of that as i wanna head towards dunoon/helenbourgh so i can get a boat to greenock, where my mummy lives. ^_~

-slowth-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reflection,i suppose it WAS a bit of a long shot, Mad Smile

I'm not worried about the weather because i've bought a raincoat! (pauses for oooohs and aaaahs and approving nods of head).Was more concerned about the midges but going early May should minimize that problem.
I considered going the way you plan to, Jawz, but you have the sun and wind at your back doing it the traditional way.
JawZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its more logical for me to end with luxary in greenock (madman will piss himself at that, if hes ever headed abit north or knows about the delights (lack of) greenock)

Are you planning to use the abilty to camp free using the weird countryside usage laws they have up there, or get into campsite or b n bs/hotels/hostels)

-slowth-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will use campsites when available and wild camping if campsite is full or there isnt a campsite.
It was supposed to be a bargain break but the price of the sleeper train getting up there has already put paid to that. *shakes fist at railway*
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flights are often the cheapest way to get to scotland... Smile
-slowth-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but, green issues aside,it wasn't practical.

Getting an overnight sleeper gets me to Fort William at 10am, refreshed and ready to walk. As i'm limited for time, its ideal.

A flight would mean getting up way too early, travelling to the airport, checking in 2 hours early, staying within weight limits then getting off at Inverness and travelling down to Fort William to start the walk.Sod that.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airports and kikers with tents = bad, especially if the airport lose ypur luggage....lol

only thing that could happen oon a train depending on its packedness, i often find em packed whenever i go up and my bag is ussually small enough to be able to put it above me, rather than in the metropolis of bags at the end of the carriage,

remembers openiong a door to get on a train only to find bags fall out onto the platform.... Rolling Eyes

bloody women...and epic amounts of ****

Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-slowth- wrote:
Yeah but, green issues aside,it wasn't practical.

Getting an overnight sleeper gets me to Fort William at 10am, refreshed and ready to walk. As i'm limited for time, its ideal.

A flight would mean getting up way too early, travelling to the airport, checking in 2 hours early, staying within weight limits then getting off at Inverness and travelling down to Fort William to start the walk.Sod that.

You been on the sleeper before?. You'll get no sleep all the natives heading home for whatever pagan festival that's coming up play the pipes and drink til the head butting game gets serious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, or at least not with my own private sleeping berth (which i have). If it really is as bad as you make out, i'll bung some earplugs in and Bobs your Uncle (and probably also your Brother over the border)
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur going up on a sleeper trains toilet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: