Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacting server ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I waited till midnight, rebooted the router and the puter and 5 mins later I was riding on big a** wallride. I think that solves it beyond doubt. I have a daily quota, even on a Sunday.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be YOUR daily quota... it might just be the network shaping time of day thing. But yes it proves it and it is amazing they think they can get away with it.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if that's true it's pretty bad. I think it's called collective punishment.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a few hours out of it today. Then I got kicked at 5pm on the dot, and couldn't reconnect. They've got it in for me.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently Eclipse weren't going to sit back and let Tiscali have all the fun with Bunsen as tonight I had the old message again. At the end of the first race I wasn't allowed to start and tried typing something. It didn't appear in the chat box, a surefire way to tell that I was about to leave very quickly. I left before the PC could kick me, closed TMN down, restarted it, joined and tried typing again. Again, no text appeared in the box. This happened once more, with Atom saying bye just when I was unable to reply. I'm sick of all this. I might well get my 'supervisor' on the blower to Eclipse. Failing that, I'll do it myself. Any ammunition you can offer me ready for the call Mad?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them to go shove their internet service ... you know where. Ask them why. Ask them to fix it. And if they dont do anything and are really awkward, (fairly extreme and im not completely sure about it, check with mad) say 'If your not going to do anything about it, then can i have my mac key please'. Which is basically giving them an ultimatum, fix it, or i leave.

(But dont do it without checking with a few people, not sure if its the right course to take)
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaand, once again, normal service is resumed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Or so I thought. The traffic shapers are back in action and I've told the household authorities that I can't play TM online and the reason why. The authorities show complete contempt for TM and generally believe that I spend too much time on it. As such, my comments were greeted with "Never mind, I'll do it some time, it's not the end of the world."

HOW IS IT NOT THE END OF THE WORLD? I CAN'T PLAY TM ONLINE!

(Cheese retreats into a corner and sobs quietly).
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, reading this I feel like a teenager again Very Happy
Thanks, DaCheese!
... but srsly, try offering your parents some wonga towards the service, it's the only language they understand. Then you'll have a bargaining chip when it comes to ditching your ISP for a reasonable one.
btw, has anyone tried 'choking' the bandwidth in setup to make it last longer? Or are you all snickering now? Embarassed

Skin by Baino
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that would make any difference mid Sad

I'm guessing the game only uses that as a guide so that it can plan transfers and not as a limit.

I'm also guessing that the ISP is not really bothered by the quantity as the TM game is not a mega heavy traffic application.

I think they just like to annoy people. surely if it's a persons particular traffic then they should tell them instead of just blocking them.

I have emailed Tiscali on behalf of my clients and will post the email and reponse, if they ever reply. Smile Yes, I know that eclipse is involved here as well but it's the same thing in this respect.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I was disconnecting every five minutes, but managed to get back in without trouble on most of these events. Not being able to get in at all some nights has had a terrible effect on me, as you can see...

Yes, I've been so bored I've actually gone to the trouble of skinning an entire train on one of the many railway simulator thingys that I seem to have installed over the years.
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plainly, irresponsible ISPs are causing untold psychological damage with their business plan Smile

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Nations booting me off every five minutes, I've been playing the U word. It's kicked me once, I think. That's all. It's been fine otherwise, so reliable that the French and Germans have been pasting me for at least an hour before I get bored of time attack. The plot thickens...
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats interesting... I think in United they may have changed their server comms encryption, and I guess they may have changed the invalid time sequences / sensitivity too.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some other stuff I'm having trouble with at the moment too...

>It takes ages to type stuff into the chat box.
>In the track editor, on TMO, TMN and TMU, rotating the camera causes it to freeze for a few seconds at times.
>Vent is slow and has silent periods followed by stages at other times where it repeats short clips over and over again. Then it decides that it's going to disable my input device because it's sending stuff too fast.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defrag the harddrive, do a complete vrius scan using symantecs online scanner, and kill ALL unecessary processes.... clt alt delete and kill bits. then see if it solves the probem....
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject: Awesome Product Website Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Guide 25365_5
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject: New Product Site Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Top Product Guide b4308f9
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: Cool Aircon Servicing Blog Reply with quote

To the man inquiring about cheap quiet air conditioner, ac cleaning company, best ac brand reviews, dr cool aircon services, install ductless ac, best ac and heating companies near me, I highly suggest this check this out about aircon services blog or affordable aircon services pte ltd review, cost of emergency ac repair, coldmax aircon, db aircond, air con installation cost, portable ac is it good, not to mention this linked here on aircon repair forum alongside all install central air conditioner, chigo air conditioner review, mitsubishi ac repair, home aircon repairs near me, nation cool aircon review, split ac installation charges near me, alongside all this super fast reply on aircon servicing forum which is also great. Also, have a look at this awesome daikin aircon water leaking forum alongside all coocaa aircon review, best compact portable ac, split system air conditioner cleaning, ac repair charges, ac repair cost per hour, pensonic aircon review, as well as this redirected here about aircon services blog as well as portable ac unit maintenance, average cost of a new central air conditioner, aircon service review, air conditioner tune up specials, cheap aircon installation, split ac indoor unit repair, on top of look what i found for new aircon installation info which is also worth a look. I also suggest this do you agree on mitsubishi aircon water leaking blog not to mention air con installation cost, aircon repair shop near me, 24 hour heating and air conditioning repair near me, water aircon, air con diagnostics, ducted aircon cleaning, not to mention this this site on aircon servicing link not to mention ducted air conditioning service cost, portable ac maintenance, arctic air pure chill portable ac, mitsubishi electric ac remote heat, general electric air conditioner, portable air conditioner for tent, and don't forget full article about daikin aircon water leaking link and don't forget teko aircon review, mobile ac repair near me, best ac reviews 2021, ac service charges, lg inverter ac service, aircon heating and cooling, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this click this link on mitsubishi aircon water leaking forum with consumer reports review of portable air conditioners, home service aircon repair, dimplex portable aircon review, air conditioner repair specials, highest sacc portable ac, compressor replacement ac, for good measure. Check more @ Cool Aircon Servicing Website 4308f99
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject: New Aircon Servicing Info Reply with quote

For the people talking about tosot aircon review, split ac service, mitsubishi ac installation, aircon installation near me, costway portable air conditioner, best portable air conditioner without venting required, I highly recommend this useful mitsubishi aircon water leaking tips or dyson aircon review, air con cleaner review, reverse cycle air conditioning installation, 4hm airetech, ductless ac cleaning service, clean air conditioner coils inside house, as well as this high rated daikin aircon water leaking blog as well as portable air conditioner fan reviews, best portable ac reviews, ac leaking water outside, ac service and duct cleaning, mobile ac repair near me, xiaomi portable aircon review, not to mention this helpful hints about mitsubishi aircon water leaking site which is also great. Also, have a look at this our site about aircon reviews blog not to mention fujitsu ducted air conditioning filter replacement, union aircon 5hp review, defy 12000 btu portable air conditioner review, cheap quiet air conditioner, mitsubishi electric ac, split ac indoor unit installation, on top of this breaking news on aircon repair blog on top of rinnai aircon review, new ac fitting in car, o general 18cgta review, best aircon installation, installation of split air conditioner, lg air conditioner cleaning, on top of look what i found for aircon repair tips which is also worth a look. I also suggest this web site for daikin aircon water leaking details on top of europace epac 12t6 review, home ac repair cost, star cool aircon review, aircon shop near me, portable air conditioners rated, review blast auxiliary portable ac, and don't forget this web site on mitsubishi aircon water leaking forum as well as cost of repairing ac compressor, socool aircon servicing price, indoor ac repair, lg dual inverter aircon review, air con installation cost, hvac maintenance cost estimating, as well as website for aircon services info and don't forget best dual hose portable air conditioner, aircon servicing sunday, ac compressor replacement cost house, york aircon repair, house ac compressor replacement cost, ducted reverse cycle air conditioning service, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this continue on aircon reviews tips with midea aircon review 2021, lg dual inverter aircon review, aircon uncle review, fujitsu aircon remote replacement, mitsubishi electric air conditioner not cooling, vostok aircon review, for good measure. Check more @ Great Aircon Servicing Info 7b89074
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: