Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to 3d model cars?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: How to 3d model cars? Reply with quote

i cant find a tutorial anywhere,can any1 tell me if there is a tutorial sumwhere, or maybe des any1 here hav a clue?
i hav already downloaded gmax and zmodeler, but havnt a clue what to do with them ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know myself, but its probably like photoshop where you just have to read through the manual before you understand what most of the features do. Gord uses zmodeler so ask him where/how he learnt to use it, and i think mad was having a go with it aswell so they will have a better idea than me.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, I've started mucking around with zmodeller and it would be nice to have a tutorial properly produced....

Zmodeller is a real pig to use and I'm still at a loss with some of it. Gord is the man who knows Smile

First, you need an example/test piece to work on and then you can work it from there.

When you export to 3ds from zmodeller you need to have convert axis ticked.....that took me 3 weeks Smile

There are things and information on the tmforum.
Gording

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How to 3d model cars? Reply with quote

HotSWAT wrote:
i cant find a tutorial anywhere, can any1 tell me if there is a tutorial sumwhere

http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/tutorial.php

They're outdated, as some might show TMO/TMS, or TMU betas, but they'll all be scary enough to put anyone off from trying. Wink If you do read and use them, you have to compare them all as a whole, and not stick rigidly to one or the other. On the whole they're a good guide (I suppose), but as a hard and set rule they'll just annoy your into biting your fingers to the bone....

Anyway with only three fingers to type...I digress....

HotSWAT wrote:
, or maybe des any1 here hav a clue?
i hav already downloaded gmax and zmodeler, but havnt a clue what to do with them ^^

Gmax is of no use to TM, as it can only export Gmax's own file type, and TM can only convert 3DS files, and not always then!

http://www.zmodeler2.com/?mode=docs

I'd recommend both Zmodeler1 and 2 for anyone trying to learn, but Milkshape, and CarCAD are even simpler, but are more limited in what they can do. The problem is explaining how to use them...3D applications are one of the most brain frying things anyone could ever hope to learn, although if you can do it well, it could be a career! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: