Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From one query, to two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: From one query, to two Reply with quote

I just opened a new topic, and started tmu to check what i was asking about, played for a little bit. Then typed my message, click submit and this came up

Website wrote:
Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic message insert in the forum. Your message is sent to hell. Try x times who knows - can it turn out? probably, you took too long to write the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".

What is it?? Your message is sent to hell. ROFL. I was only starting a new thread Wink

The original query was, on tmu the first window that appears after you double click it, is the disc vailidility (spelling). Could i create an image of the disc, and just play of that?? Would i be banned because wsome games dont like it.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nice message

I modded the forums scripts to stop bots and the mod I added was from russia so it wasn't easy to work out when that message would appear or even what it meant. I thought it funny though so i left it pretty much as it was only improved the english a tiny bit.

No, you can't create an image of the disk. It uses starforce copyright stuff and it's more complicated than that.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've had that message too. It is funny. It seems to appear when you take too long to write the message, which seems to be the opposite of what would happen if a bot started to spam the forum, but there you go ...
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep that is strange.... I will recheck the mod and see if I can see what its doing.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "go to hell" message (now personalised, I see) remains (I just got it). The thing is, when you do press the back button you go back to a blank form, so there's nothing to copy. It certainly stopps people (like me)from waffling on endlessly ......
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry bunsen.... I will look at why it's supposed to help and how to lengthen it.

Not much fun having a new post wiped out. It must be like chat in TMU
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologise! Once bitten, twice shy ... I had already copied it before I pressed the submit button ... I'd urge all verbose posters to do the same.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this phenomena is due to browser settings, prolly 'update automatically' or somesuch...nvm, if you know you're posting War&Peace just Copy from chapter to chapter like Bunsen has learned Wink

Skin by Baino

Last edited by Middenrat on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big Razz to middenrat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: