Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP JAN 5th - The First of 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, two nice tracks for racing. Thanks Mad for hosting - I had to dart off sharpish as it was my wife's birthday and I only got to race because she was butchering the Christmas tree ...

I enjoyed this more than most weeks because there were some real interesting fights going on in the middle of the pack. I Ended the 1st on my helmet on lap 20 (which allowed me to put wife's birthday lasagne in the oven). 2nd race was real fun. I don't have names turned on so I'm not sure whom I was racing, but I think Tred and even Vox were featuring. The clamictic last lap though with Mad and me swapping the lead was truly memorable. We were split seconds apart and both driving pretty flawlessly. Coming up to the very last corner I was (I think) gaining on Mad and he skimmed the wall, and in true Bunsen spirit I followed him into it, finishing 0.04 behind him. Magic!
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo!
Well, this one was kind of disappointing after coming in 2nd and 1st in my first too GPs.. ..I guess i was lucky last time =P

1st GP: I came in 2laps late and didn't want to restart (late start is not allowed right? ..although Swat didn't get his points taken away -_-)
anyway, i just started racing 2 laps down, kept hitting every wall on the first 2-3 laps but then caught myself and gave my best. I managed to come in 14th which is 2pts and this is all that i was trying to get! (thx to the turtlers, flyers and heavy crashers!)

2nd GP: After BBoy had such a big mouth, I thought we should all kick his wheels and it started out good with even me beating him.. ..but then he showed us all some BBoy "It's called I'm the best whatever" power and drove one perfect lap after the other. I still can't believe Dant and Steve were able to let him pass...
I promised Dodgy it would be a close race after we were at max. 1sec apart in about 10practise laps. The race wasn't that close at all. He did an awesome job fighting with top 3 and I was presenting my slowth (i like that^^) on 6th or even 7th. I made it until 5th and in the end, i was less than a second behind dodgy!

Great racing all! Thx Mad for hosting! See ya next weekend =)
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race. I think I managed a lap Cool

2nd race. Very close racing all through the race! I could have gotten a third or fourth place here..

Totally not what I expected. I expected to suck on Cheese's map cause I only had 1 clean lap during practice. And I actually felt like winning on Mad's map.. until the race.

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your dutch rank -666- hehehe

Steve: Actually, it was 616 before and they changed it to 666 because bla bla bla, ...

Yeah i know...
Medi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1:
Really enjoyable race, was third for a while with Swat behind me, then I decided the wall on the last turn needed a hug so I stopped by to give him one..got lucky Swat crashed two laps or so later I think. Close battle with retoon from lap 10 or so onwards I think, with Heel getting close once or twice. Would have been a really close finish hadn't retoon crashed on the last lap (though I think he still would have won).
Amazing how fast Steve went past me in lap 5 or so by the way.

Race 2:
One of my worst results of this season, lowest finish I think. Still finished 9 and to be honest that's something I didn't expect to 'complain' about at the start of the season (I expected to finish around place 12-15 most of the time).

Overall some good solid racing and I can't wait till next week Smile . Sadly I think Nismo lost sight of Maserati now but better luck next season Smile . Not sure how we are versus Matra.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Nismo got even passed by Bentley and if Bboy tries hard Matra could pass you ^^

(There's only 1 season weekend to go?)
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PelicansMoldo wrote:

(There's only 1 season weekend to go?)

blimey yes, next weekend is the last GP of Winter 07 Season Surprised

Skin by Baino
DodgyGeezer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: kinda pumped in some average laps and ended up 7th no mans land for me...

Race 2: Great racing.. after dant got away there where a good 5 or 6 battling.. managed to get up to 2nd and held it, getting within 1/2 sec of dant. only to totally lose my concentration going past a backmarker. lost 4 places. moldo must have gone past me 5 times only for me to take him back.. just managed to hold my cool to pip a chargin mcinsane at the line.

Fantastic to see top 5 within 3 secs or so at end of 25 laps
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not going to do a full race report because im too lazy, but i will apologies on my computers behalf for late starting by about 2 seconds on the first GP. It sometimes does in Laps mode, and by the time i got off the start line, everyone was just going round the first corner, hence me overtaking Medi on lap 5, when i was actually ahead of you on time all the way round. But i finished 3rd on time, and 3rd on position on the track aswell, even though i started slightly behind everyone.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve, think you have troubles now, wait till they force us to play TM never

For saying my condition was pretty poor yesterday a mid field finish was as good as can be expected. I raced bunsen a fair bit in both races but the close finish was just funny. We'd done some close laps mid race then I lost him for ten laps and just got to within striking distance again for the final lap or too :O. I was like hes gonna hate this......
tyke65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what its worth....
1st race....good start and was in top 10 for a number of laps then JGG went by me in another Bentley i tried to keep up with him but it was at a pace that was too fast for me and therefore started to make a few mistakes,had a couple of two wheeled moments after hitting the walls this made me drop back to a speed which i was more happy with....finished 11th
2nd race...bad start, i had left the names displayed above the other cars and could'nt see the corner after the fast jumps made a real c**k of it only just managing to stay upright then spent the first lap trying to hit the right button to remove the names...dead last after one lap... Embarassed anyway got into race pace and picked some off and was chasing down Shadowfax, with about 3 laps to go Shadow then went off to cut the grass....finished 17th.
Great racing as always and well done to all finishers.

Last edited by tyke65 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyke65 wrote:
for what its worth....
then Cheese went by me in another Bentley i tried to keep up with him.

That Bentley was me! I was 2 laps down lol
tyke65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McInSanE wrote:
tyke65 wrote:
for what its worth....
then Cheese went by me in another Bentley i tried to keep up with him.

That Bentley was me! I was 2 laps down lol

that explains the fast speed then Adam.....no wonder i was pin balling off the walls.... Laughing
retoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when am racing i just switch the names off and on so i know who i am racing. its only the ` key. i race with my right hand and have my left on tab and ` keys.

Last edited by retoon on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, except i have my left hand on D as well, as i assigned that to brake. I try to keep names off as much as possible as they just get in the way and make me crash.
tyke65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i'm left handed and use the arrow keys with all the other stuff on the far right of the key board.....and because i'm stooopid dun't no how to reassign the key board........ Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: