Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Damn Reply with quote

Damn. I was hoping to be the first person to post in the new Sports section but it looks like I've succeeded.
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are such a spammer!! I think we should move all your posts, to my spamming thread.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, bunsenjetson looks like an expert spamming bot Laughing
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not spam, it's called getting the ball rolling. And in a thread about sports, that's pretty appropriate. The subject looked sad and unloved with no posts. It's like ... if you throw a party and there is nobody there, it's not a party. But as soon as one person turns up it is a party. That person can talk to himself and subsequent arrivals can fell like they too can autoconverse, and befor elong the party is swinging.
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, ok then, anyone here go biking??

You going to do the same for the SS forum?
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved the thread about single seat racing from General to Sports forum, it's better like it Wink
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve I used to mountain bike alot... averaged 30 miles a day for about 5 years but did too much.

Think one of my best was falling off a borrowed bike near aberystqywetwytdhth whilst going flat out down hill....... It was a loooooong slide and I have a photo somewhere. hmm
Still have the scars Smile

We live on the lands end to john o groats route......
met some people in the local coffee shop who were doing perth to perth...australia the nutters in fact it gets worse... check this out http://www.perth2perth2perth.org
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
averaged 30 miles a day for about 5 year

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I think i would die of i did that much. I went biking today, its was good, did a few runs of the local dh course, some jumps and bermed corners, the normal stuff. But i still managaed to wipe out. Was coming round a left hand bend, then you drop onto a road/track, about 2 foot. Forgetting about this, i barely brake going round the corner, go right up on the bank on the right, then realise theres a drop, only im up on the bank, so its gone form about 2 foot, to about 6 Shocked Slam on the brakes but it was too late, fell down, actually made it down ok, but then front tyre hit the dip where car tyres go, and the back end just flipped, and i got launched Cool I was fine though, tiny cut on my hands and shin but im good. Laughing

And the Perth to Perth thing is insane. And were you thinking of Aberystwyth Wink Wink

Also, pepper, you posted that in the wrong thread Very Happy
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
Lol, ok then, anyone here go biking??

You going to do the same for the SS forum?

Moi the orginal high speed crash king, been knocked out more times than a crap british heavyweight boxer, destroyed more bikes than a Blues Brothers re-enactment using pushbikes.

Three concussions
Dislocated collarbone
broken jaw
dislocated both thumbs
spoke skewered my right forearm
torn rotator cuff
two cracked ribs

I was actually pretty good at the downhilling, just crashed a lot Laughing

We didn't have full suspension back in the good old days (1995) well it was around for fannies who could afford it and couldnt handle a bike Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pushing hard down hill that leads out of Frodsham, Cheshire, to the swingbridge when my starboard pedal decided to snap off. Of course it was on a downstroke so my foot slammed into the tarmac, making me lose my balance and swerve right into oncoming traffic. For some reason the idea of braking never occurred to me and I ended up on the opposite side of the road, scraping along the kerb with cars horning me as though I had done it on purpose. Miraculaously I not only escaped unscathed, I actually stayed on the bike. I made a vow that day. I have since forgotten it.
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far i've only fractured a wrist, which my mum made me go to school the next day. Come home, i say it still hurts, so reluctantly, she takes me to the doctors, I tell him whats happened and he was horrified. Then went to hospital, and had a stupid cast for 4 weeks.

And my pedals are the best ever, everyone else i go riding with, have expensive metal ones with pokey bits to stab your shin when pushing it, i have flashing pedals that have a generator in them so when im going, they flash Razz Razz But im a few months since i've had them, i've worn them flat, now its like standing on ice, while going downhill and over jumps. Safety first. Wink
da dude 24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:

And my pedals are the best ever, everyone else i go riding with, have expensive metal ones with pokey bits to stab your shin when pushing it, i have flashing pedals that have a generator in them so when im going, they flash

i have them! Razz i thought i'd never find anyone else lol
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them, even though they are completely flat, and have no grip, their still awesome.

Where did you get yours? Mine came from Argos, £9.99. Laughing

Also Bunsen, you were lucky, Razz pedals are annoying. Someone should invent something that doesnt stab your shins when pushing, and something that can still be used as a pedal.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an idea, but you could throw something like this in the frame :

...and stick the pedals forever Very Happy

Skin by Baino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: