Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Races 13 & 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Races 13 & 14 Reply with quote

Race 13, Spanky GP
Didin't see this typical Andsome stunter before Start, took it slow off the line and settled stone last. Never mastered the boost/bottleneck and just saved it once on 3rd lap. Similarliy the half-dirt left hander down to a boost, where I turtled with no way back on lap 5. Saw a Tenz respawning, began with a'W' I think.

Race 14 Sleepy-GP
What a sweet track, but easy to blunder, which I did, dismounted a couple of times, pancaked under th first CP a couple of times, face planted a couple of times Very Happy like I said, sweet track cos it was all survivable. Lost out to Baino, Matt, SkinBob along the way came in 15th I think? can't tell you for sure cos my game shut down without trace as I crossed the Finish line Confused gtg work pls post news chaps

Skin by Baino

Last edited by Middenrat on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dantski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh posting before the races are over?

race 13

Track didn't suit me at all, drove cautious and ran 3rd for a long time, Reh lagged on the last jump which promoted me to 2nd.

race 14: kerb flipped me on lap 5, nothing I could do
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two depressing tracks, speaking as a failed blocker ... I loved them, of course.

Race 1: Edge of the seat racing all the way. You lmew that at any moment a late brake or early acceleration could have you inspecting the tarmac, and indeed, I rolled it three times but somehow managed to end up on all fours. Twice I clipped the suspended CP just before the s/f line and did one of those graceful barrel rolls, finishing lucky. I had a little excursion up the dirt slope too. But then with one lap to go I went into the last corner too fast, the booster pushed me into the side and I slowly went up the ramp and landed on a platform and plopped off the edge into the dirt mound that houses the start/finish. I couldn't see my car becasue of the scenery and thought game over, but then noticed I was actually moving along. I went up the dirt slope and rejoined the race, spanfing the last lap fighting with Spanky and we finished 4th and 5th! I said I've used up all my luck, and sure enough ...

Race 2: I thought I had the measure of this track. At one point near the start I was 3rd, but a little error dropped me down to the 5th-10th battles and I was in 7th on about lap 10 when a silly little skid on the first corner made me clip the checkpoint at quite low speed and flip me over. Yep, my luck was out.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1.
was 6th, which surprised me for about four laps, then blunder, back to 9th, still respectable, another blunder 14th. then the tight corner and boost up to the start, big jump just not big enough, race over Crying or Very sad

race 2.
high hopes, was doing well, kept the bad jumps in check, then clipped the kerb on the drop down to first corner, such a lame flip, but ended my race.
SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 13: I liked the track and the dirt suited my style of driving, although every time i made the switch from the hill type mud to the actual mud track ( where u get turbo'd towards a corner sloping left) my car jumped, I thought to myself i'd best be carefull. Anyhow i was jumping between 4th and 5th when the inevitable happened and the switch between surfaces flipped my car. Cannot begin to tell you how angry/mad/suicidal i was. This was on lap 9ish so the race was over, ******* ******* ******* track.

Race14: Couldn't seem to complete a clean lap of this. If it was not one mistake it was another, after the first race i was beginning to get really angry with myself and as a result my driving got worse. I slowed down and took a few drags on me woodbine to calm me down. Ended up 11th or summits.

Overall very very dissapointed with myself. After all the hard work in the championship and getting myself up to 6th I cant see how these two results will leave me in the top 10.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 13:

could keep myself in front of dantski (the first time in this season), then lost 2nd when i lagged the last jump.

race 14:
messed up the first few laps, then found my rythm and managed every jump, could overtake jones in the end and finished 2nd :]
congrats also to large on 4th.
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both races for me are summed up in the following picture
picture edited, size made thread impossible to read
Admin

sorry, didnt know it did that Razz, twas a turtle on its back

Last edited by JawZ on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
YussuF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason , I wasn't successful at all this time Confused , went quite well
all the first 15 laps long, but from lap 16 on small mistakes marked my
way round the track. I was in position 5 with 10 seconds off 4th and 8
seconds to 6ish, than carlo retired behind me and i was in "nowhereland"
where I made a stupid crash and turtle - out in lap 18. - YussuF getting mad about himself Mad

second race was neither long for me nor any good , messed up the jump
in 2nd lap and "tortoised" on the green.

Hope I'll get back to old consistency next week
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky GP (nice name) I'd asked AndSome to come up with a challenging GP as for the first few races at least everyone was finishing with little problems so wanted a race to test the skills and consistency so blame me folks if you didn't like it I asked Cheese to put it up.

As for the race I knew if I kept the car on all four wheels and didn't do anything dramatically stupid I could get some decent points. I was up in 4th on lap 25 until I hit the big dirt mound and let Bunsen past again, as it was Bunsen I didn't swear a vendetta. 5th place would have been happy with that from the two races.

Sleepy GP: You would have thought everyone was sleeping on vent as the silence lasted the whole 25 laps. I did rubbish in the first practice went off 8 times in 13 practice laps. When we had a go after the second race I found my mojo and a line that worked for me and managed 10 laps without incident. Went into the race and managed 23 laps up into 4th again when I had a couple of minor bumps which let Large catch me up again, decided discretion was the better part of valour and didn't make my usual last lap lunge thinking that 5th was better than going off so got a 5th again, my two highest finishes of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1 I could tell allready that I wouldn't finish when practicing. I can't keep my cool for long... thats all. Cool

R2 I could tell from practicing I could do good on this one Cool. I was heading in second from lap one and could manage to creat a gap towards the third. But i smoked to much hasjies and started to lose my cool. A bit dissapointed though cause somewhere in the end had a bug landing right in front of the jump an lost my lead on Reh cause of need to take the recoveryroad. After all I'm glad I could finish 3rd. I see it as a good recovery from the first race to score some decent points for the team.
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforeman
gangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisions
geophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringe
halfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteraction
hartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonment
jobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglory
kerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatom
knowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingload
laissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheart
lasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfield
mailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctor
navelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoid
onesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualitybooster
quasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchain
recessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrology
scarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestungun
tacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkas
ultramaficrockultraviolettesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: