Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Races 9 & 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Races 9 & 10 Reply with quote

1st
liked the track, couldnt keep up with the leaders. got a lag when s.o. started spectating me at lap 3, so my whole race was kinda laggy, but it was possible to race properly. could keep my rhythm and waiting for the leaders to crash, which happened a few laps before finish, when stevie crashed. got nervous, when i saw that stevie's still ~10 secs behind me, but could keep that 3rd place, so another podium Smile
btw, got another lag, when a second speccie started watching me on lap 18.

2nd
one of those tracks, on which yussuf is exactly as fast as me (which means that i dont really get the best line). had quite a great battle with a crowd of people until i left track in turn 1 at lap 5 or so. left about 3 minutes while swearing until i found a way back on track again (like this:)

was quite p...retty minded when i finished...well, at least 24 and a half lap when the timer reached zero. hope i get at least one point for that.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well James May wasn't playing with toys this week so helped my performance greatly!

Race 1: Cant remember much, but I kept fluffing the first corner and losing time. Just managed to catch Mid who I had been writing off as impossible to do a few laps earlier. However I had only passed him a few corners before the whole screen froze and the race finished through short time...God send! Very Happy

Race 2: Was going well until I made a pooper in the middle stages and lost a few places. Made them back until I slapped a chicane on lap 24 and gave away places to Spanky and Buns, the latter I got back past, but couldnt quite get Spanky back out of the last corner and chicane.

Nice tracks, but nothing too memorable so not my favourites, but no real bug points so nice work lads Smile
Dantski

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1

Loved the track, if there was going to be a race I'd win this season this was it. Started cautiously battling for 4th with elano and slowly began to catch Stevie/Nemesis/Sabre. One after the other they crashed so I eventually held the lead. Went too far left and whacked the CP after the jump, fortunately it just scrubbed all my speed off and didn't flip so I was 4 secs behind Stevie, drove super cautious last lap and did a rubbish last corner but finished 0.4 ahead of Sabre.

Race 2

With the warmups being in laps made its very difficult to know how fast you are on a track. I thought I was cack at this track and it showed to start with. Found myself moving up to 2nd with various people taking the scenic route and then Sabre did the same and I was 1st. Drove conservatively but still crashed a few times last 10 laps for a very unexpected win.

Double 5th's for Voices surely ensure MV is back on top! Pity debs wasn't here today though.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1, just couldnt get intoo it
race 2 - got into this alot better, was in top 5 halfway around lap 1 then clipped something, then seemed to struggle fighting back lost places, got to about lap 12 up to 12th and then proceeded to battle with spankytechs, cheese and matt, was 9th then made an error dropped back came in few secs behind the battling guys in 12th

SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 9: Loved the track but really could not get to grips with the corner that you kinda fall onto and then off of again. No matter what line i took i kept losing pace. And the after running 7th for a little while everyone started going past like i was stodd still. I was a bit stumped as i was going as fast as i could. Luckily i managed to hold on for 11th.

Race 10: Loads better here, really liked the track again and felt i was fast. Managed a 7th which is a lot better!

Overall quite pleased!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race one, nothing spectacular settled in and finished 15th.

race 2, loved this track for speed and flow, really looking forward to it, on restart game gave me the screen saying you need to adjust for better quality clicked ok quickly then realized i had clicked the wrong one it adjusted my screen so was blurry Evil or Very Mad
done about 5 laps thinking how to alter, couldn't remember, so pull over to sort out back in the race in 26th place, ground it out til the finish and got 20th.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, two fantastic tracks - well done, blockers. Both were very fast and punished even a slight scrape against the wall. It's testament to the consistency of the majority of the racers that on both tracks I reached about 7th by lap 5, then had a single blunder that lost me several places and yet I simply couldn't pull any positions back despite driving pretty well thereafter. The usual suspects, Matt, Cheese, Spanky and Mid provided most of my close racing throughout, and the four of us were swapping positions as we in turn made small errors.

Near the end of race 2, Matt overtook me but didn't appear ahead of me after passing through a checkpoint, so I didn't worry too much when he was just ahead on the last lap - I assumed one of us had lapped the other. Then at the end I appeared in 9th but got bumped down to 10th by Matt ... so that'll teach me!
YussuF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loved the tracks this time , no corner I disliked at all Very Happy , well done Jones and Mark!

race 1 : Had minor troubles coming in the 25-laps-mood and started bad - was around 15th in lap 5. Then I started getting fast and took about 6 places til lap 8. Now Middenrat was in front of me and we were going head-to-head for about....half a lap, then I eventually landed on the edge of the track and turtled Mad , wasn't supposed to do this, just went slightly too fast at that point.

race 2 : Was doing pretty fine here, settling between 6th and 4th in the first 5 laps. Then Reh disappeared from the timetable and I realized I had to get the big points for Tyrrell this race. Anyway I couldnt leave Voices and Elano behind me who were doing slightly faster laptimes with lesser mistakes - shame Laughing . finished comfortably in 6th.

After the megapoints for tyrrell last week this was a quite sobering tuesday. Watch out next week Twisted Evil
C.o. Jones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I want to apologize that I was a bit late.

R1: When I entered, I noticed the race was allready started, so I just went on learning the track on the way. It did go well this week, in about 15 laps I managed myself up to 6th place noticing that Voices had created a gap towards the followers. Up untill the time went down I was gaining on him up onto 1 sec. Even so if we had the time I might have caught him, but with being late I dont see that I can complain Smile

R2: I was lucky that the track was my creation and that there were a couple of minutes to practice. When the race went on I went at good pace from the start. Noticing Sabre going off early and Elano making a mistake, I found myself in 2nd place Shocked , could keep that untill the 20th lap orso then Nem came flying by, so I tried to maintain position and got a podium finish Very Happy

Overall I,m verry satisfied that I could finish and score some points for the team this week.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 and I avoided the usual first lap nerf, saw off Yussuff who was charging early doors, then settled in behind Jones and the Boss for a formation 6-7-8 finish. Matt didn't read the script though and capitalised on my lap 24 jitters. No chance to make ammends with the 20 minute cutoff, otherwise a smooth outing for the Admins on the repaired server Smile

Race 2 not so clever, just didn't have the speed, but hade a rip-snorting race with Fred, Buns, Mark, Baino, Bon and the rest of the gang - had a blast guys GR

ps just checked the revised rankings, GMR on the up Smile this is getting tasty Arrow Arrow Arrow

Skin by Baino
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkas
инфоинфо
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: