Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post your specs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom i am very intrested to hear from you what fps you get on tmu online with the 6600 and the gtx as i have 2 8800 gts 640s and could you also at your leisure run 3dmark06 for a final benmarch test

by the way that it a very nice system you have built there so you must now be as skint as me

im intrested as amd was best option for me as an amd finatic at the time but qaud core intels seem to be the better option now also is your board 1033fsb and what line of make have you gone for as i may want to switch if your impresssed yourself with what you have created there

ps i get 10236 on 3dmark06 and 227 fps online on tmu but im overclocked now to bugger and hell

cheers m8
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting gobbledegook in this discussion (what the hell is ping?).

The TM machine, like the other PC kicking around here which arrived a bit earlier, is a cast off from somebody else (nothing wrong with a freebie, I always think, as long as it's not from a sibling, in which case it is automatically rendered useless)...

It arrived with a Pentium 4 processor (2GHz), 256 mb of RAM and integrated graphics (!). Then JGG downloaded Nations and started going on about it. I got in on the act. Performance was so bad that on the several occasions that I joined Mad Laps I'd only get started once half the race had gone, and then I couldn't drive at any reasonable speed as it ran about as smoothly as a stationary steam engine would with no flywheel and no governor.

As I was hosting Racing For Shropshire Friday Night Racing every week back then things had to change. In went a 1gb stick of RAM (I tried putting the original 256mb one in slot 2 but it didn't want to work, so 1 gb it remains to this day). Performance was much better, but a visit to ATOM (an occasional ML visitor)'s house made me feel that the graphical performance was inadequate. Thoughts turned to a new graphics card. At the time I didn't know it didn't even have one, but when I realised this I wasn't suprised by the shoddy visuals.

JGG was upgrading from a Radeon 9000 (64mb) to a Radeon X1650 Pro(256mb), so I was offered the 9000. In it went and the load was taken off the main circuits for dealing with visual output, while a small improvement in quality was noticed. In this spec it runs Nations smoothly enough on fairly low settings, while United is as slick as a greased cat.

Coming soon is a Radeon x1650 Pro of my own (512mb; I'm sick of coming third in spec comparisons), which should hopefully get things looking much better. I'm hoping for dirt build-up on the brown stuff in Stadium. One day I may even get another gb of RAM...

Apologies for the life story, by the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: