Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible Invalid Time solution?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Possible Invalid Time solution? Reply with quote

I think the two sides to the restart argument are equally valid. If it's not your fault, it's a pain, but if you get off to a great start and there are no connection problems it's annoying having to restart.

What if ... we have a 5-place penalty for anyone who does have an issue and requests a restart? A bit like the way you get a grid penalty in F1 for changing your engine. That way people who have problems can still have a valid race and can finish as high as 6th, but everyone else gets to race in the knowledge that their final position might be higher that what it says on the screen. Anyone who does get a late start or invalid time can reform at the start/finish line and be counted, and if there are more than X of them, there is a restart. Otherwise it's tough titty.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least 8 positions of penalty and for all those who stopped and asked for restart.
IMO you can't ruin the race of other people and still stand in the first page of the table.
Me too i can press the button "restart" when i flip, when i sneeze, when my cat jump on my keyboard, ... but i don't.
That's the race. If you brake your engine, if there is a big accident at the start, that's life. Unlucky but that's life.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Starbuck wrote:
At least 8 positions of penalty and for all those who stopped and asked for restart.

I stopped and asked for a restart and I didn't gain a bloody thing from it so I don't think that rule can be applied fairly. And how do you decide who deserves the penalty, who actually stopped who stopped briefly etc etc. You'll lose half the racers in the series if you try and impose that rule.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: nice try Reply with quote

nice try m8 but i dont think it will work to many issuse , i think youll find most of us will be happy just to leave it as it is .....late start tuff **** .....not ideal but this is the world we live in
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more I think about it, the more I agree with the people who disagree with me.
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on the stop or not debate are thus :- due to the nature of online gaming there is always a possibility of something going wrong,tough ,if lewis hamiltons engine blows up hes out of the race and i dont think massa is going to stop so the race can be re-started,you only stop a race if it is stopped by the admin in charge, doing a warm up lap ensures no one late starts, in my mind if you keep having a problem you sort it and dont cause loads more problems because of yours. Mad

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows where I stand I won't be stopping for someone getting an invalid time and I don't expect my team to stop if it happens to me. I have no problems if an admin decides to restart the race but I won't be stopping unless that happens.

Cheers

Spanky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
Just so everyone knows where I stand I won't be stopping for someone getting an invalid time and I don't expect my team to stop if it happens to me. I have no problems if an admin decides to restart the race but I won't be stopping unless that happens.

Cheers

Spanky

Agreed
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take Spanky's view also.
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think my views are clear no stopping here peeps

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Series 1 ideas notepad on my desk here, I wrote 'No serverside restarts' in notes of the original meetings with the Wise Old Men of Mad Laps, it seemed like a good idea at the time and I think I got confused after the matter of late starting was being addressed.
So 'Invalid Time' is no valid reason to restart a race, w0n't happen again. The next cockup will be something different I promise Neutral

Skin by Baino
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also... if you're not on Vent and no Admin notices your Chat - don't come whining on the Forum. Sort yourselves out with a mic cos I'm not here to rub it better for ppl who won't help themselves.

Skin by Baino
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Влад208.3PERFPERFдороJeweГригEmil(183отвеLeopбейкJasm
PRESДженHaloтворPS21JavaаппачитачелоавтоUnitПаноC124
LifeDessсертBrilОдноStanDykeДесяокеаПлимPureGezaИллю
SafeанглzullзначCharXXIIOralPenhConcКитакорзКемаРоди
WindКохателеPradviscVashOkteкапиБараKenjЖванsilvзапи
PeteJeweGlenSambTokiToniСвинGeorТелеGuilдопоWindMicr
WindJameИсаеBarbзакаArtsредаErneучебArtsCartпоэтAgat
CraiZoneMichHappосвясереDorlDonaМомэПальРоссЛугаКочн
DeceСанкPeteАлтыромаJavaЛагуDownKnowФрисForeБолуклей
велимесяначиTaizToshOasiEcceАлекПавлPola1840Fiesсере
ТурцBAROTexaКляцwwwrсрезприрSimaValiнаклинстBlanкниг
DeanWindWindWindиголWorlBrauBoscсертqMonЛитРавтоЛитР
НовгРазмHellTrumЛитРЛитРЛитРСодекоммослеСодесоветвор
судобюроАЛебLeonкружСавеГолиоблаSagaEsteMarkмедеФэн-
посмSponМайкТкачавтоДадеДжежИванДимаФормМишаоднаThis
JustМишуавтоMadeLisaArleПетрСаворабоПривмесямесямеся
СелиОрлоIntrАлекKamiнеобКапиGeroМихапансОбразнакtuchkas
автоСерп
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: