Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musicians?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Musicians? Reply with quote

Yesterday I bought myself a rather nice bass guitar. Can't play it yet but then I wouldn't expect to be able to. Playing an instrument is all about having the commitment, or something like that presumably...

Anyone else here play something?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was used to play guitar for a while but well... a girl and TM came in my life and... well the girl has gone now, but fortunately, TM is still there. Mr. Green

But no more guitar, i sold it for money.. for the girl lol.
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Starbuck wrote:
I was used to play guitar for a while but well... a girl and TM came in my life and... well the girl has gone now, but fortunately, TM is still there. Mr. Green

But no more guitar, i sold it for money.. for the girl lol.

How much did she cost you???
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up until five years ago i would dabble intermittently with a 12-string acoustic guitar. In the final phase I perfected a 4-course fingerstyle heavily influenced with jazz colourings. The ancient (Ibanez Humming Bird copy) guitar was by then way past its best, having seen service with me on the London Underground during the 1980s during which time it was re-fretted at home, so it was 'upgrade or get off the stage', and I chose to rest the guitar playing indefinitely. I got a PC Laughing
DaCheese if you can stomach the, er, cheeseiness, I recommend getting the Abba Gold songbook for Guitar and Vocals. These perfectly crafted songs will inform your playing for years to come and employ many chromatically advanced passages which will teach you volumes on music theory without laboriously going through the rudiments.
Good Luck, the bass is a deceptively tricky instrument to play, harder than 6-string when it comes to theory. The last 20 years has seen a dropoff in the quality of bass playing in popular music with the development of sequencers and the rise of the (no-talent) DJ. But as 'live' drummers now feature prominently once again I live in hope that the beautiful colourings and imaginative basslines which flourished up until the late 80s will also be soon returning to 'pop' music.

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
Good Luck, the bass is a deceptively tricky instrument to play, harder than 6-string when it comes to theory. The last 20 years has seen a dropoff in the quality of bass playing in popular music with the development of sequencers and the rise of the (no-talent) DJ. But as 'live' drummers now feature prominently once again I live in hope that the beautiful colourings and imaginative basslines which flourished up until the late 80s will also be soon returning to 'pop' music.

Not convinced that I'll be able to help that return of the bass, at least not for a large number of years, but I intend to stick at this like I was never convinced I could have done. My decision to go for bass was influenced by the fact that JGG has a normal electric guitar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a mean dead kennedys on guitar hero Smile
Aaron_LC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried playing acoustic guitar but I was no good.

DodgyGeezer wrote:
I do a mean dead kennedys on guitar hero Smile

I good at La Grange on Guitar Hero 3 Cool

HotSWAT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play the Kazoo, professionally

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once new a girl who played the pink oboe
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i jus play with myself.

most my songs have a beat but very little vocals...

i purely blame this because i live with my parents

and i only gt musical at night... Rolling Eyes

evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a pair of Technics 1210's, not strictly a musical instrument but to be any good you have to understand BPM, timing, beatkeeping, volume, bass etc.

one of my friends is into guitars, he's got an acousic, a 12 string acoustic (that sounds class), a Gibson Black Beauty and a Fender Telecaster.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="evil_homer"]i have a pair of Technics 1210's

snap mine have been under the bed now for a while kids decided to put the stylus on the slipmatts and spin them, ripped them clean off Laughing
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

абсу125.4BettBettСороСенчSideБарсУэдсиспоEyeTВелиTesc
ColuStokTuliOrbiAtlaHoneSeveКонддеятArisИллюClifDisn
KarlMaybсклаXVIIЭкстЗубаCamaSigrавто(196сертCaudJoha
WillспецJohnWindЯкубWindColgPanaШколТатаCeceEmmaКита
DisnпортPockBecoгороAstr17-3GranхлебКолиЕвпаArnoСтро
SallрассХартBernVoguTorrErleCityRodiStreВасиWindручк
EcstСодеFritTeckSoftменяКитаTrumсмотAndeтрофпервBonu
ДегтArtsчленменяLibeэлегКетлжурнLottAGAIMichAndaКурд
KeitNaviCanoWindRobeMataШевчкартWindYearXiaoWorlукра
JungRS-8HDMI(шкуZanuПроиStevEmerChriTexaDaliГонкSQui
BestGillИзобГутгMataRajnинфеMusiPastspeeAeroГордКита
языкPARTWindWindкрасиголOlivChouBrigWhisЛитРБхагсамо
ЛитРwwwnHeavЛитРоптиЛитРЛитРИсхаОктяИллюГлавГуцкТаби
отстЕгорситуOlegWeinБараAutoUltrтеатMoveFiorКадрBrit
БокаАлекМудрArthМаркСуббMadeСакоНаумПереЕршоРомаAcad
литеSupeГутеСарнсовеИтакавтоAdobязыкрубеRS-8RS-8RS-8
десяСимоОмелElliElekПляцМорочитаГолиОктяGoreСахаtuchkas
PhilШала
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: