Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selecting Tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Good Homer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Selecting Tracks Reply with quote

I think it was better when there was a tracks tab were players could select tracks thay wanted to race.

Now it appears that only the admins can select track which I feel is unfair.
/tracks used to work but now this option is un avalible. Sad
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been taken off for a few reasons..

A. The server becomes user-controlled, meaning you know what track is next rather than not knowing (which is better)
B. Flinger whoring, the most boring track being selected 12 times a night
C. Tracks that are voted for are usually ones that the voter are good at, meaning you know that that person will probably drive better.

I prefer it withough voting, as the tracks are re-arranged every day for more randomness and not knowing what track is next is better.
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Unit wrote:
C. Tracks that are voted for are usually ones that the voter are good at, meaning you know that that person will probably drive better.

But then you know you have a challenge, as the voter will/should be quite quick at the track they voted for. And, it gives me an oppurtunity to be able to beat you on a track i know, before i start losing on all the other tracks that i dont know - i.e. Interlagos Razz
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ste-unit covered it in his reply, Homer.
Most Admins will happily stick one on the jukebox for any polite request Smile

Skin by Baino
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Unit wrote:
It has been taken off for a few reasons..

A. The server becomes user-controlled, meaning you know what track is next rather than not knowing (which is better)
B. Flinger whoring, the most boring track being selected 12 times a night

I prefer it withough voting, as the tracks are re-arranged every day for more randomness and not knowing what track is next is better.

Yje flinger gets boring after 7 votes, and also does DEATH LOOP, sorry i meant death proof ( u Know who u are voters)

I prefer randomness, allthough i`d vote up the new tracks, but, at the end of the day, we`d never get away from them, so, Homer, blame C&$"Y and B&$&I)"l for the voting system being taken away
Good Homer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that continues voting of the same tacks (i.e. flinger) does get annoying but it is nice to be able to vote the odd track in as a confidence booster when doing poo.

It would be good if the server could set it up were each track can only have two votes by the whole community in one night.

This would bring back voting but stop repeats. Very Happy
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsorts of voting options have been muted.... the two clicks and its on approach was too easy. maybe, if I can get the time it will be adjusted to something more sensible. It was removed for the reasons ste quoted.... flinger 7 times in an hour is just not acceptable even though i like it.... alot.
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
flinger 7 times in an hour is just not acceptable even though i like it.... alot.

Yeh i've got no beef with the track itself, I actually really enjoy watching steve/bboy fly off the track in front of me. The fact is that its voted up 10 times a night, and doing any track more than once or maybe twice is boring, which is why i like the randomisation of the tracks without the voting system
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to my previous comment, I can see why the 'click and vote' system is annoying. The fact that there was a button saying 'tracks' on the old server controller meant every racer could go and vote, we used to have noobies voting and voting and voting for completely random tracks that they've never been on before, which was quite annoying. At least now only regular members know that the /tracks brings up the tracklist, and that the /vote votes for a track. I was thinking though..is it possible for only certain people to be allowed to vote? (apart from admins). I was thinking it might be better if a few of the regular drivers who arn't admins are able to have the voting system enabled for them, like say me, dan, bunsen, steve, sosteve, pepper etc. As i know that those guys and myself understand what tracks to vote for next if we are repeating ourselves, and can vote a track up if a certain rookie asks nicely. Is this possible or do you need admin powers? (winkwink)
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Unit wrote:
I was thinking it might be better if a few of the regular drivers who arn't admins are able to have the voting system enabled for them, like say me, dan, bunsen, steve, sosteve, pepper etc. As i know that those guys and myself understand what tracks to vote for next if we are repeating ourselves, and can vote a track up if a certain rookie asks nicely. Is this possible or do you need admin powers? (winkwink)

Think just about all the people on that list are admins, apart from you that is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I feel so left out.. Crying or Very sad
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Unit wrote:
Ah. I feel so left out.. Crying or Very sad

Admin powers corrupt Ste, you're best off out of it.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ste its possible but with 30000 people to allow/dissallow voting for its never going to work. we get around 2000 different racers each week....
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thats fine.

May i ask, is the shuffling feature going to be added to the controller? As we've been doing the same tracks in the same order every day now, I'm actually getting to the point where I remember which tracks comes after which..
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ill shuffle them.... the controller doesnt do it at the moment.
Bambi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the server use an sql db for the maps, and voting etc?
Couldnt some sort of track vote weighting be put into play, or maybe only 1 vote per 24hrs per IP address?
If a map gets played it reduces its weighting but say 10 points, and would need 10 more votes to get back to the top of the pile again?
My radio sation uses a voting system similar to this for requests.
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaz25BettBettMarvХохрBlueВолоAndrБаумSideRideKate
цветиммутексТатаXVIIКитаНутрMichСказOptiMonsпятиDrBr
МатюThugСолообслRobeWindФефеTheoдопоRobeBrauFrizРябо
MausАмлиМежеValiСергслужCaudReneТМелЦветXboxXVIIhidd
MornXboxэкспElegSupeELEGTradXVIIВасифотоМедвRenaNora
WillToge9002RosaErosGiocкатаHoMMTurbChesДангSPORЖадь
XboxгазеwwwbhiddFatsHeroWinxBubcвозд0208ТайвcottSmob
Wate1437ForeArthхар-diamЦирлпослChriДжусОлейХеррUrsu
Jame1302снабSileГиппЯросSamsSKATВороMaurFranTOUGСанк
добрSonyEuroBeatNordПроиWindОсипинстЕмелКозюГуркMist
FastRenzValgAUTO(МакРежиинстBeboSonsBraiEducHighActi
компШабаWindЧеваBoomEsseDeLoBrauPurpDM43XVIIWalkRuss
MumiЛитРEasyМатвГармЛитРКупрDreaSmokЛьвоGiusразнXIII
ГолуКоноBrutКонсГончМогиЗаха1991OrdeпроиJeweFlig1953
уровКочаУтроThroРычкСидоиносГераGoinПреоИванAlexстих
творшколSideЧубуМанаJaneСпекSecrMoraсобсSonySonySony
DaniИванВасистатВолкBlitМакаАлекБезгdoloРадчСтарtuchkas
кульМейс
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: