Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F1 skins and other skin stuff from Cheese

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: F1 skins and other skin stuff from Cheese Reply with quote

There are a lot of skins for the Stadium car based on old F1 liveries but most are relatively new (or perhaps not new but certainly from withing the last 15 years). I've decided it's time there were some skins based on older teams, spurred on by the need for skins for Formula Mad. If there are any that need doing...ask Pep first because he'll do a better job, but failing that, put them here.

So, first up is a UOP Shadow skin. It's based on this:

And looks like this:

I realise I've not shut up about this car for the past few days, so I thought I'd better get on with it before people told me they've already become sick of my constant wittering. Basically, it's black and it looks lethal. Tell me what you think. If anybody likes it enough to want it, PM me an email addy and I'll send it over asap. My F1 engine sounds can be included as an option.

Last edited by DaCheese on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very purdy DC I'd love to see it in the lineup.

Skin by Baino
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that top picture, is he orbiting a black hole or something? And are those his knees uop near his chin?
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no idea Bunsen. I've never paid much attention to 1970s F1 car cockpit design, so until I go to the Donington Grand Prix collection I can't tell you.

Shadow now available on TM-Carpark (yes, it's a United site but TMN and TMU skins are the same).

A Senna fan called gg62136 has uploaded more recent skins based on a Lotus Renault (JPS livery, Senna, 1985 it says), Lotus Honda (Camel, Senna, 1987) and Mclaren Honda (Marlboro, again Senna, 1991). Not sure if the Mclaren is any use as I believe current F1 teams aren't allowed to enter FM but the Lotus skins may save some time. Either way, I can see our resident Senna fans running straight to the carpark...

Last edited by DaCheese on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you uploaded your TMN car on Carpark, they will see it immediatly and delete it as soon as they can.
The StadiumCar which are already on Carpark are with the StadiumCar 3D model from TMU (available on Carpark => 3D Models gift by Nadeo).
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there's a section for just normal Stadium skins on there. TMN and TMU Stadium skins are identical in details/properties etc., I use the same Green Missile livery on both games.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your stadium car show good in other enviro than Stadium on TMU, that mean the model isn't compatible with TMN...
And if this car doesn't show well in those enviro, that means it's a TMN only (for them) and it's gonna be deleted... there has been a few similar cases recently and it finished badly Confused
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see a problem arising as it's just a skin (even Nadeo's skins for Stadium on TMU are TMN ones with tiny alterations) but fair enough.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Carbon Chassis Reply with quote

I decided today that the Green Missile just wasn't fast enough to keep up with you all. A quick analysis of the car's current design left me thinking that while the suspension and chassis were certainly well enough designed to absorb bumps found on rough tracks, the downside was that the car was carrying a lot of weight. It was time to get out my trusty carbon fibre whittling knife to rustle up exact replicas of the original parts. Here's the result (could take a while to load, but who knows?):

Ok, so I didn't really go through the process above, but if as always if anybody wants this diffuse file or other stuff like the dixie horn or F1 V10 sounds, PM me.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice carbon fibre work DaCheese, also the JPSLotus on Carpark is a stunning bit of work, the Camel Honda ain't too shabby either, that could be edited into a very nice Penske team car..... ??
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC's work is lush Cool
floating idea: as long as it's an untaken colour, allow teams to commission their own skin? On the whole the teams appear coherent enough to arrive at agreements Wink

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, gg62136's Senna skins are damn fine pieces of work (only the Shadow is mine remember). I'd have a go at doing fairly accurate team skins, but as I've said before, to do this we'd end up with at least 2 blue cars (3 if the NC team was taken as being Calsonic instead of Xanavi Nismo).

Also, I don't deserve all the credit for the Green Missile, it was originally the default Nadeo skin before I downloaded Paint.NET. The silver bits are only there because I filled part of the area in a lighter shade of green than it is now using the paint bucket and some silver bits were left. I did do JGG's skin too, although it's not downloaded to my cache since I last sent an updated version of it to him (it was originally light blue). Moral of the story; get a static IP!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the skins were deliberately kept very minimalistic, just to act as on track/race identifiers. Maybe in the future series we could get a Super Dooper authentic looking set of car skins, but we don't want to get to far into geeky territory, ie the warning flag on turn 3 and 15 should be green and black stripes ???? etc Laughing Rolling Eyes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the GP skins as i see them....

Above all they need to be easily recognised and distinctive.
They should be clear colours and not plastered with a patchwork of colours.
They should be liveried up for mad laps.

Ways to achieve this....

In photoshop all the cars are in the same file the mad laps details on the top layers and the skins seperated out.
The colours are kept as radicaly different from each other whilst having a resemblance to some racing colours where possible....

racing colours have varied dramatically over the years for most teams and so colour selection is just my pick and selection. far too many race teams have used red and blue and yellow.

Lets face it we aint replicating f1 or any race series this is mad laps.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up hopefully will be the colour scheme from the Renault RS01, the car that introduced turbocharging to F1. There's an awkward black section around the front of the cockpit though and I don't know how get it to wrap around the car smoothly. Has anybody done a skin with this kind of thing on it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what am i doing wrong

ive been to the car park link and downloaded a skin

it comes down as a zip file

i put it in skins folder were i placed all the gp ones which work

i can now see the skin i downloaded but when i click it my game freezes and i get a run time error then the game crashes

its like this with any skin i download except the gp ones we use

my matra one works perfect i just dont understand it
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panza u sure you're downloading specifically Nations skins?
United skins are easy to dl mistakenly and crash the prog as you describe.
Try the Stadium skins on this webby http://trackmania.southmoon.net/cars/

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2008 GMR Prototype Spotted

Earlier this week the new Bentley-Powered Green Missile Racing Formula Mad car was spotted putting in laps at Test Track 121 in preparation for the Spring 2008 season.

The changes under the body are difficult to spot. The livery hasn't changed much either, but there are a few subtle alterations. The logo of last year's engine supplier, HKS, has been replaced by a Bentley logo for the duration of the team's engine contract with Bentley. The only other change we currently know of is the addition of the Racing For Shropshire logo to the side pods. This is positioned around the silver stripe along the side of the car.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject: Top Product Site Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Top Product Guide 8e781b0
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject: Great Wheelchair Rental Orlando Guide Reply with quote

To the guy asking about rent me scooters, citi bike scooter, scooters international drive orlando, mobility scooter hire disney world, rent a bird scooter, wheelchair rental orlando fl, I highly recommend this excellent scooter rental near me blog or ecv rentals orlando florida, electric scooter rental orlando, electric scooter for business, scooter bike rental, vogo electric scooter, scooter sharing platform, not to mention this great scooter rental near me tips alongside all electric scooter for rent, seaworld orlando wheelchair rental, moped hire, portable scooter rental orlando, scooters in disney, daily scooter rental, alongside all this excellent Orlando scooter rentals url which is also great. Also, have a look at this he has a good point on wheelchair rental Orlando link on top of handicapped scooter rental, universal studios orlando mobility scooter, disney scooters for rent, wheelchair rental busch gardens, disney world scooter rental price, scooter rental at animal kingdom, on top of this more bonuses for mobility scooter rental Orlando tips alongside all medical electric scooter rental, best scooter rental at disney world, motorized wheelchair rental orlando, seaworld orlando scooter rental, k&m scooter rentals orlando florida, wheelchair rental orlando disney, not to mention had me going for Orlando scooter rentals info which is also worth a look. I also recommend this new ecv rental Orlando info not to mention seaworld orlando wheelchair rental, rent vespa, disney mobility scooter hire, electric kick scooter rental, best scooter rental at disney world, rent motor scooters, alongside all this helpful resources on mobility scooter rental Orlando blog not to mention scooter rental near universal studios orlando, micromobility scooter, renting a scooter at walt disney world, sea world wheelchair rental, disney world scooters for rent, elderly scooter rental, as well as find out more about ecv rental Orlando tips as well as electric scooter rental orlando, zypp electric scooter rental, shared e scooter, escooter rental, bird scooter orlando, disney world wheelchair and scooter rentals, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this discover more here for scooter rental Disney World info with universal studios electric scooter rental, mobility scooter disney, mobility scooter hire universal studios, ecv universal orlando, motorized scooter rental, mobility scooter hire, for good measure. Check more @ Excellent Livejasmin Tips b01a58e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Cars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: