Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qualification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Qualification Reply with quote

Hey,

First off, I started a new topic so we won't have 3 conversations through eachother.
Anyway, for next season I was thinking we could change the qualification-session a little different.

Why?
For some people (Dant and Bboy especially) I understand it can be quite a nice fight to qualify in the first place. For many others it's however just practice (at least, I don't think I ever have a serious chance of fastest lap).

My plan:
-The person who qualifies first gets 2 points.
-Any person who qualifies within for example 1 second of the first also gets one point.

Although it won't change much for the top players, except for 'losing' two points on the competition if they can't join a weekend, the subtop (is that english?) will have an actual goal during qualification. Being faster than Bboy or Dantski will be hard for most, but finishing within a second would still be a challenge but reachable.

Obviously I'm not sure on the second, Mad may be able to set a better gap when he has a look at server-stats.

Another option would be to set a time for each track. So for example 42 seconds and below get a point, no matter how far away they are behind the number 1.

Anyone liking this idea? Or totally not?
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to kybosh the idea totally but I don't like it just because the present system aint broke and i'm ok with practice being only a 'sighting' exercise. It would also be a deal of extra work, which we are already handing out on other projects.
That said, if someone wants to formulate and Marshall it, and there's support, well I'm all FOR more competition Smile

Skin by Baino
McInSanE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the fact that it will provide more work for the ones who do the work..
but i actually like the idea.. ..it's still hard to get within a second of the fastest lap sometimes..
retoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the idea of getting a point for coming 1 sec behind leader is god i tihnk because it give the slower players something to aim for in practice. i know that i just use the practice time to learn the tracks and try and do as many laps as i can without crashing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
McInSanE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the fastest laps, it has been Dantski and BBoy. Moldo and Dodgy both got it once and the rest never did!
And I think one extra point could give some players an advantage over others...
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve got one too I think

Doesnt matter Razz

About the work. I know eventually I'll be replaced (Razz) by this great record programm that mad (and some other people perhaps) are working on (with php and stuff, you know what I mean Wink), but for the time being I don't really care about this extra point.

The only extra work will actually still be for the admins (mainly mad? Razz), as they'll have to post who earns the extra qualifying point. When only the first earns a point (like it has been so far) I can just look/ask who got it. But if more people earn points I can't check it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Top Product Guide Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Updated Product Blog d9e88e7
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject: Top Medical Issues For Animals Guide Reply with quote

For the guy talking about pet supplements for pets with allergies, pet ashwagandha supplements, yeast infections in dogs, pet supplements for pets with cancer, pet chondroitin supplements, pet supplements for pets with skin conditions, I highly suggest this on yahoo for collagen for dogs site or yeast infections in dogs, natural pet food, pet wellbeing cushings care kit, pet plant protein supplements, pet nettle supplements, pet lemon balm supplements, on top of this top pet herbs blog and don't forget pet supplements for pets with epilepsy, pet nutrition, pet vitamins australia, pet supplements for pets with anxiety disorders, pet lavender supplements, pet supplements for pets with noise sensitivity, not to mention this high rated treatment for cushings disease in dogs site which is also great. Also, have a look at this bonuses on pet wellbeing url and don't forget pet supplements for pets with muscle weakness, pet supplements for pets with brittle nails, premium quality pet supplements, pet wellbeing cushings care kit, natural pet supplements, pet supplements for pets with travel anxiety, on top of this top dog herbalist info on top of pet supplements for pets with shedding problems, pet pregnancy supplements, organic pet supplements, cat supplements, pet citrus bioflavonoid supplements, pet lemon balm supplements, not to mention top rated herbs good for dogs tips which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great herbal pet supplements advice alongside all pet supplements for pets with fear of dental work, pet aloe vera supplements, organic pet supplements, pet supplements for pets with travel anxiety, holistic pet care, pet supplements for pets with fear of injections, not to mention this top best vitamins for dogs forum as well as pet glucosamine-chondroitin supplements, pet supplements for pets with thunderstorm phobia, pet citrus bioflavonoid supplements, pet calming supplements, cat supplements, pet probiotics australia, alongside all great organic pet supplements forum not to mention best pet supplements australia, pet hesperidin supplements, holistic pet care, pet supplements for pets with allergies, pet burdock supplements, pet eyebright supplements, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this high rated herbs good for dogs site with pet lemon balm supplements, holistic pet supplements, pet joint support, cushings disease alternative treatment, pet supplements for pets with muscle spasms, kidney disease in dogs, for good measure. Check more @ New Purple Rose Site 8e781b0
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: Cool Vector Embedding Site Reply with quote

For the lady talking about data preprocessing for nlp, big data nlp, nlp topic, sql * net vector data to client, explainable nlp, natural language understanding ibm, c nlp, paraphrase nlp, nlp products, nlp machine, revisiting pre trained models for chinese natural language processing, keyword extraction in nlp, natural learning language, opensearch faiss, cs224n natural language processing with deep learning, word embedding and word2vec, phases of nlp, natural language processing mathematics, word embedding word2vec, simple nlp projects, yandex nlp, sentence autocomplete nlp, faiss python, normalization techniques in nlp, document classification nlp, I suggest this my response about Vector Index for ambiguity in natural language processing, apple natural language processing, natural language processing search engine, computational linguistics and natural language processing, natural language, speech to text nlp, vector index matlab, basic nlp models, nlp summarization, natural language understanding in ai, nlp in robotics, natural language processing what is it, nlp services, nlp in r, language processing techniques, best nlp, nlp java, machine learning for language processing, nlp ml, nlp transformer, question generation using nlp, bangla nlp, text normalization in nlp, segmentation nlp, techniques used in nlp, also. See More Great Chemicals Online Blog 8e781b0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: