Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hell Let Loose

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terroir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Hell Let Loose Reply with quote

I won't keep you in suspense - in "Hell Let Loose" I spent one of the nicest moments with virtual entertainment in my life. And that's despite the fact that I definitely prefer playing single-player games, and there are plenty of games which are direct competition for the debut of the Black Matter studio: from online modes of all "Call of Duty" and "Battlefields", through a bit old "Red Orchestra", to "Post Scriptum" or even recently released "Enlisted". So why exactly "Hell Let Loose"? The answer is quite simple. While playing various historical online shooters I've often thought about the fact that even though the models or maps are realized correctly, even though the gameplay mechanics are very interesting, the historical realism and all attempts at "feeling the game" will eventually fall when confronted with the weakest, and often most annoying, element of any online game - the players themselves. Players, above all, want to play efficiently. And efficiency is usually completely different from realism. A soldier with a submachine gun, who depending on the situation quickly switches to a sniper rifle, wild jumps to make it harder for the enemy to aim, sprints with a knife, and a series of kills with it... you know what I mean. I wondered at the time: "What if we made a game that, by the very premise of the gameplay, would force players to behave similarly to those of real soldiers on the battlefield and reward sensible tactics"? That's what "Hell Let Loose" is in a nutshell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> FPS Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: