Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on TM Canyon BETA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMMBat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on TM Canyon BETA Reply with quote

Of course this is only a BETA so thing can change by next month but this does seem to be fairly complete. My guess would be some feature will be turned on (Solo play) and some bugs fixed before lunch but I do not think we will see anything too major added or changed.
I like the cars, they have good weight and sliding is fun but may not be the fastest way around the track. Confused Hard to judge the racing because most tracks out there right now are not lap tracks (I’m working on that), many of the A to B tracks are just not that good, and to be honest most of my time so far has been in the track editor.
I was surprised at how limited the track editor is. I thought they would have made it easier to put the pieces together but it seems even more restrictive. Some straight section of the same track type cannot be put together, you have to find the “mirrored” piece. The total number of pieces seems to be less as well. You may find one length of a ¼ turn section that TMN had 3 or 4 of. I also miss the building section that could be put to gather in all sorts of way to make tracks or scenery. I may sound like I don’t like it but that is not necessarily the case. I have a couple of tracks put together that I like and need more time to work with it. Some things are better like not having to add sign posts or road supports, those filling as you add track. I have had limited time with it so I am sure I will discover more way to use what is included.
I wanted to post a video of one of my new tracks but could not get the video export to work. That feature is probably turned off or maybe just not be working for me. So I did a print screen grab for a couple of my tracks…

[/img]
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this play like stadium or like another previous environment? I never cared for the older ones controls or feel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: