Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The death of trackmania....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: The death of trackmania.... Reply with quote

ok, so as you know, I don;t spend enough time round here these days, I'm very busy and after 5 years of playing the same game it can get a but stale but...

UBISOFT ARE KILLING NATIONS

I understand they are bringing out something new, but according to official channels they are not replacing nations. OK then , thats fine nations is free, easy and fun if people want to keep playing let them, SO WHY ARE THEY BLOCKING SERVER CONNECTIONS and limiting the free access to the servers that we have been paying to run? Whats the point of paying for a server that anyone can access when they can just stop anyone from connecting bacuse it's not making them any money. Lets not mind about the fact that they arn't making money from it, how about the fact that we've been paying to provide the service.

So...

Nations is now not a functional game as it always has been. A new trackmania is due out shortly though we don't know when or what it will be and our server is up for renewal. As we have no competitions currently running and it gets very limited use I plan to let it expire in the next few days. I will keep the points server running and we obviously have all the tracks but I fear it may all be pointless.. as if it really is anything of purpose anyway... as trackmania moves into it's new role as a massive corporate controlled money making machine all I can say is watch this space.

Of course I'd moan about our rights as players of nations and the denial of service that now exists but as nation sis a free game.........
I'd say we've had a fairly good run and good look with trackmania and shootmania and questmania and all the other stuff.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are both trackmanias suffering as a resukt of this or just forever?

Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This change definitely hurt the game, I got on one of those freezones servers (no record system, zippity squat) and there were a few people ranked around 1-5k on there just destroying a whole bunch of new players. They clearly weren't having fun and you can pretty much guarantee a lot of people in this situation are just going to stop playing which drastically decreases the player base.

How are Nadeo doing financially theses days? Did they really need to try and squeeze more money out of the game or not?
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nadeo were getting money from the advertisements in nations, but, since the change (buyout) to Activision microsoft have intervened and (legal stuff) stopped it, therefore the free servers are not viable anymore and they need the cash from people buying the game to keep the server/ forum/ TMX running. So all the tight asses out there who could have bought it (£4) have essentially ruined the game, but in essence the pot would always run dry, so this moment was always innevitable.

I say, lets just blame activision, they eventually ruin everything!
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheMan wrote:
I say, lets just blame Stevie, he eventually ruins everything!

This is what you meant to say, right? Cool
Munkhi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheMan wrote:
Nadeo were getting money from the advertisements in nations, but, since the change (buyout) to Activision microsoft have intervened and (legal stuff) stopped it, therefore the free servers are not viable anymore and they need the cash from people buying the game to keep the server/ forum/ TMX running. So all the tight asses out there who could have bought it (£4) have essentially ruined the game, but in essence the pot would always run dry, so this moment was always innevitable.

I say, lets just blame activision, they eventually ruin everything!

Herding the free players into 50 or so 'freezone' servers is not going to result in more sales. It's a 5 year old game, if people were going to buy it they'd have done it by now. I'm sure the freetards will be content to play on the 50+ servers with loads of different tracks provided by Nadeo. So, how exactly does this move help them stem an income loss? If anything, having to run 50+ servers will cost them more?

TMX isn't run by Nadeo either. Nor is Dedimania. What has playing on ML, or any other clan/community's server have to do with bottom lines? They weren't paying for yours or our servers last time I checked.

Using the closure of Massive ads as an excuse is nothing but face saving. Blocking TMNF access to third party servers saves them no money, nor stops them losing money either. How can it, when Nadeo has nothing to do with those third party servers? Nothing except logins and pointless (and abused) ladder data needed to run through Nadeo's main servers.

Without actual stats on how many people bought TMUF, its hard to say if that was the cause, or if it was purely Activision stepping in and being the big bad wolf that everyone should and is rightly blaming for this.

Bottom line is that it's a 5 year old game that has had a great run (except the never fixed bugs...). If Nadeo and Activision had released TM2 before they had done this, it might not have alienated one of the best gaming communities I have ever seen in decades of games.

Back on topic sort of... Sad to see ML go, had a couple of fun years and met some cool people on it. Can't really ask for more from a server.

DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale Earnhardt wrote:
DanTheMan wrote:
I say, lets just blame Stevie, he eventually ruins everything!

This is what you meant to say, right? Cool

LOL, just notice the post,, Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The King is dead long live the king.

Anyone got a bugle to do the last post?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh*t , I liked it .
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never been to fond of ****, though the whole cups and girls saga was rather nice, especially considering it was choclate ice cream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: