Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Bye MadLaps!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Good Homer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Good Bye MadLaps!! Reply with quote

Deanio joined MadLaps last night to see if there were enough players and an admin willing to set up a solo cup, he informed the room as I was going to join.
DTM told Dean to pass the message on to me “if the server is only good enough when there is a solo cup on STAY ON PRS”

I feel that this was unfair of Dan as I have been playing on MadLaps for a number of years taking part in the GP’s since season 4, as well as taking part in the solo cup’s from way back when Mid used to set them up and joining in on the raids. I have even contributed money towards the cause at Christmas.

As I proffer to play rounds and there is usually no one on MadLaps during the week I spend a lot of my time on PRS, although I do show my face on MadLaps when I see there are players on.

This is NOT the first time Dan has made me unwelcome on MadLaps. So in the future I will stick to playing on PRS were I am always made to feel welcome.

Thanks all for some good times!!
Little Deanio

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the good time I’ve had on Mad Laps. I’ve enjoyed playing in the solo cups and I enjoyed the last raid where me and my dad drove sandwiches. But if my dad’s not welcome on the server then I don’t want 2 play there ether.

Thank you very much Spanky for letting me take your seat in the GP but I will not be finishing in the remaining races.

May see some of you again on PRS.
Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as everyone seems to have had a look judging by the view count and not said anything I guess I'll be the first.

I'll be sorry to see both of you go, it's always been fun racing against you and hope you'll reconsider leaving.
I also hope that it was just a misunderstanding (though I can't see how Shocked) and if not that Dan might reconsider his words and apologise.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm toys and pram spring to mind...

Mad laps is a community of people, some are given admin status so that it can function but essentially we are all part of that community and occaisionally we hurt each other. Whether that is intentional or not. Sometimes, heaven forbid, mad laps admins drink a bit and some even smoke. Their senses get dulled or their wicked side emerges just a bit more than it should. I should know I've kicked people for telling me it was their birthday or for asking if I can see their car. In fact as admins we've even clubbed together in this outrageous behaviour until the server is nearly empty. The problem is that like email and text messaging the spirit and the sense of proportion, irony and perspective get lost. If you take a knock on the chin, give someone the benefit of the doubt, and if it really bugs you then send me a message but please don't air your simple greavences in public without consideration and the thought that we are all capable of the odd miss placed words in a chat box at the bottom of the screen.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baino wrote:
Well as everyone seems to have had a look judging by the view count and not said anything I guess I'll be the first.

I think everyone has a view on this (and has had one by that count). It is pretty clear that most people will want to avoid getting involved in this, but as I have too been on the recieving end of this behaviour, I'm going to drop in a couple of cents...

Sadly, it looks like a repeat performance which had Mid dissappear from the scene for over a month and the same with Stevie on more than one occasion. It's a shame that a few quips, of which I have been on the recieving end of more than once (track signage for one), have, rightly or wrongly, been taken to have more malicious meanings than they were intended with.

Unfortunately, and probably inevitably, these remarks, meant in good humour (I hope) have been recieved as bullying...again...

I'd call for an end to it, but it saddens me to know that it won't...

Banter is all fair enough...but please try and keep it to people who will appreciate it as that.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on, the track signs were funny....by heck were not all accountants and school children. Some of like to laugh from time to time.
Friday

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Swiss point of view (Switzerland is so called neutral, whatever that means) it seems like that:

Has Homer violated a rule by playing on PRS? No.
Has Dan violated a rule by being rude? Maybe, probably not, I don't know.

But for sure, punished by saying Good Bye is not Dan but the other mates on the server. Therefore, sorry but, we cannot accept your Good Bye!

In this community, as far as I understand, you can join, but you cannot leave Wink

My father said once: "It's easy to leave a club, orchestra, association, but it's much harder to come back." (He didn't say that in english lol)

We want you both to stay! (and we don't have to make a poll for that)
StevieM

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msquires wrote:
and the same with Stevie on more than one occasion.

I don't know why you have brought my name up, but just to let you know me leaving has absolutely 100% nothing to do with madlaps or the madlaps community whatsoever. It actually had nothing to do with any server or any particular person. I've quit trackmania because it took over, and i used it as a tool to fill time when I feel as though I could have been doing something much better with that time, I actually feel pretty awesome since I left, because TM is a bad habit to give up and ever since I hung up my pad I feel as though my time has been filled with stuff with much more point to it.
I've not touched a single video game since feb, i've not plugged my pad into my pc since feb, and i've had no intention of doing a single lap or round since feb, and it will stay that way.

As for homer's post, fair enough he made you feel unwelcome, but no need to "throw the toys out of the pram" as mad said because of it, just brush it over and carry on, grow a pair as some would say. No offence but I've been through all of it on madlaps, i've voted badly against CRJ's new track and been kicked off the server by mid, why? because CRJ is mid's mate, and i voted against his track. Bollocks if you dont mind me saying, but did I quit? no, i went on a different server for a bit. Don't take this sort of stuff to heart, its just a game, they're only words, brush them over, ignore him. If mad gives dan a telling off so be it, i've had entire teams bitching about me as i joined a server, ive had people threatening me and constant abuse from people, people have told me exactly what they think of my across vent, i just laughed, why do i care? i dont know them personally, i race against them on a virtual game, you can call me what you want, because it'll go out on ear and out the other.

Madlaps has been your home for a long time homer, just like mine, as much as i dislike some people or have disliked them in the past, ive always had madlaps in my fave servers because its where i started playing, and ive always been part of the community and always will, you cant leave because of that, in any case maybe dont show your face as often but theres no need to make a public post about leaving.

I dont know why i posted this reply, as i dont really care much for tm anymore but hey, those were my "2 cents"
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'd say is you guys are more than welcome, despite what some stupid remark from Dan might make you think, and I hope you guys keep coming back

We couldn't even get rid of Stevie Sad

PS Deanio, with Spanky as teamboss I wouldn't dare to retire from the season Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a final note I wanted to say that I play trackmania almost every night for fun and I don’t think it is fun when an admin on more than one occasion has made me feel unwelcome to play on there server. I play on two other servers and I am always very welcome on them.

Admittedly I probably play on PRS the most but I enjoy playing rounds far more than playing laps (hence the reason why I always look forward to a Saturday solo cup).

Being impolite, rude or offensive to the nature were it offends another person whilst under the influence of drink or smoking wood bines or what ever is not an excuse at all to me because I never play with a sober head myself I need something to relax me and I do not upset or offend other players.

The reason I made this public is because I have made friends with people on MadLaps that I will miss racing against, and I wanted those friends to know why I’m not playing there anymore.
In short this is just a game I only play to have fun and I like the rest also enjoy a joke and some time tease people for a bit of fun but I never personally attack someone in chat to the point of spoiling there evening (even when under the influence).

If you can’t handle your drink any better Dan stay off the games till your sober so not to offend your fellow friends.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the server with Dan, Little Deanio and a couple of others, pushing up the player count to drum up some support to make Cup worthwhile (a Raid was also on the cards), when Deanio informs us that Homer will join us but only if we guarantee a Cup nite.
Now I confess my forst thought was 'stuff you!', but Dan being from Leeds went right ahead and put it in Chat Laughing 'lol saying what i was thinking' I typed at the time.
We were okay though, didn't need him after all cos a good crowd pitched up and off we went.
Storm in a teacup and all that.

Skin by Baino
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
come on, the track signs were funny...

I knows that!! Wink

Well, maybe after Dan put them on the Nth track in a row it wore off... Laughing
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:

We were okay though, didn't need him after all cos a good crowd pitched up and off we went.
Storm in a teacup and all that.

I had fun too, the last race at 21.40 was a right laugh at the end.

Some people may feel used and abused when people only turn up for a saturday night event because they "proffer" rounds. Beer had no part in it, i`ll have you know i didn`t start feeling drunk until after the 9th can!!! Also don`t recall ever making you feel unwelcome. I think if you looked more at racing (which the game is about) and less at the points, you wouldn`t be so uptight. My final word is this: Put your toys back in the pram and get a sense of humour!

Peace, out!
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msquires wrote:
Baino wrote:

I think everyone has a view on this (and has had one by that count). It is pretty clear that most people will want to avoid getting involved in this, but as I have too been on the recieving end of this behaviour, I'm going to drop in a couple of cents...

Sadly, it looks like a repeat performance which had Mid dissappear from the scene for over a month and the same with Stevie on more than one occasion. It's a shame that a few quips, of which I have been on the recieving end of more than once (track signage for one), have, rightly or wrongly, been taken to have more malicious meanings than they were intended with.

Unfortunately, and probably inevitably, these remarks, meant in good humour (I hope) have been recieved as bullying...again...

I'd call for an end to it, but it saddens me to know that it won't...

Banter is all fair enough...but please try and keep it to people who will appreciate it as that.

well, I live and learn: that's where you are Sad
come back for a complimentary burger with deluxe stomach pump.

Skin by Baino
Dantski

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give it a few days and reconsider

Could make a long post but it would be more or less repeating whats already been said.

And when you're no longer annoyed at someone, don't let pride get in the way of returning
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msquires wrote:
mad wrote:
come on, the track signs were funny...

I knows that!! Wink

Well, maybe after Dan put them on the Nth track in a row it wore off... Laughing

I thought u liked em Laughing , u spattered em all over you own tracks after all Wink
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually its my job to offend people thankfully someone has taken this mantle while I work like Naomi Campbell's anger management counsellor.

Everyone have a big group hug call each other a tosser and get back to the dysfunctional mayhem mad laps is known for..........or I'll give you all a dry slap.

Deanio can't quit you don't quit SpankyTech it's like the mafia not Brittania Book Club Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: