Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S8 GPs 3 and 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: S8 GPs 3 and 4 Reply with quote

Uber-Farst: when I first tried this over the weekend I knew it'd be tough to GP, but pre-race practise made it seem even tougher. I knew if I could point the car the right way for 25 laps I'd enjoy myself and maybe capitalise on other drivers' crashes. Stuffed it in the pre-jump chicane towards the end of the first ten laps I think it was. Took the escape ramp to the left of the jump, then got going again and found some concentration. I was fortunate in that I was lapping quickly as drivers in front were getting carried away, so I managed to get from about 17th at one point up to 6th. Haven't had a race like that for a long time!

Hi-Ya: A nice track this, even if I wasn't very quick round it. I knew I'd struggle a bit here, but had some good scraps with Thro, Munkhi and Dan T' Man before the finish. Pleased with 13th here.

Bit peeved by the whinging we had tonight, but never mind.

Last edited by DaCheese on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1, started off badly found hard to get a rhythm going finished lowmid + cant remember much cuz of the revo moment Sad

race 2, thought i started badly, found a decent rhytym, but decided to adjust my racing line after i found myself toying with yussef, i slowly climbed as high as 8th but dropped back to 9th, twas rather close from 7th down to about 14th from memory.

Miksujee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 3: I drove it pretty safely with only one thing in mind: don't screw up the jump. As far as I remember I had a pretty lonely race and ended @ 8th place, which was a satisfying result for me.

Race4: The track wasn't as dangerous as r3 so I was able to drive a little bit faster. I was able to race most of the race at 6th place as I assume some of the better players had serious crashes. Anyway I managed to completely screw up my 4 second lead to the 7th and 8th guys by crashing 2 times on 23rd (or 24th) lap. In the end I finished at 8th place again which was a satisfying resul, though I can't say I'm not dissapointed because I had the 6th place secured "for sure" until my crash in the end.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a night. Internet was totally ruined by mum watching some low rent itv drama and brother watching some rubbish football match so got owned by a poor internet connection which made it virtually impossible to race with the car speeding up and slowing down, and totally impossible when it d/q'ed me... Sad

And stop whinging about the tracks, if you don't want to crash go slower. I agree they weren't the best tracks ever tonight, and did have a whiff of the 'rushed' about them compared to Dan's normal efforts, roll on next week!!
Sabre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3: lucky that i didnt crash on a few accounts, but ultimately, only clipped once or twice and took the win relatively comfortably.

4: computer problems meant i started more than a lap late, but by the end i had caught up a reasonable amount and ended up 12th.

Last edited by Sabre on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
revo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 3: First of all I want to apologize for talking during the match, that was really noobish from me.
I turtled in round 3 or 4, after having hell of time trying to figure out if the race had started or not. Shocked Since the race abruptly ended in the first try around that time. And cause I normally drive with HUD off, it really messed the flow for driving to keep turning it on and off for info, crashed on an easy place.
But, in the future admins please be a bit more clear when we start or not, DTM said to wait, and Cheese said lets go. It left me with the feeling that we were still waiting for someone, but I should´ve known better I guess. And I´ve learned my lesson, as Dantski said, always expect it to be live. Very Happy

Race 4: Clear start, ty. Very Happy Drove my own race again, no big mistakes untill lap 24, which cost me the win, naturally....But I´m happy still to be second. Very Happy

Also am happy for Miksu and Iffe doing awesomely in race 3. Smile And Miksu´s great driving in race 4. Smile
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race: Was hoping to get a good position here as I didn't like the other track as much, but I drove horrible. Had to use the escape route twice but managed to drive better towards the end, and I was lucky some guys in the front crashed, so I came in 4th, was happy with that

Second race: Too many crashes once again, managed to overtake some people and ended 5th, was happy again. Nice tracks Dan but didnt really work for me, loved those from last week better
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't make it today guys. When I left my house I thought I would, but then only got back about 30mins ago, and no internet in between to warn you Sad Ah well, next week!

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race: Noobed it up right before the jump on lap 1, had to U-Turn and recovery route. Ended up 18 seconds back, in about 24th position, and drove like a madman for the rest of the race in an attempt to catch up. Got as high as second, but crashed at the jump again right after catching Dantski. Spent the closing laps of the race all alone in 3rd, which I find a perfectly acceptable finish, considering my mistakes.

Second race: Had a much smoother start, leading the race for the first 5 laps or so. Ended up crashing and found myself third, behind Revo and Swat. Got around Swat relatively easily, but could never catch Revo without walling it. Made some larger mistakes in the last 7 or so laps, putting myself in 3rd, too far back from Swat and Revo to contend for the win. Came home with yet another third place finish.
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3

Decent track but didn't suit me at all. Held my usual 7th place after the first lap and worked my way up to 2nd somehow. Had a big crash mid race and as Bboy passed me he walled it pretty hard.

After that drove safely to 2nd, only one hare beat this tortoise, so was well chuffed.

R4

Liked this track more but got stuck in spec pre-race and couldn't be arsed to rejoin and got no practice between races.

Took me 4 or so laps to get upto speed and I was having a tussle with beechy until he started saying hello to the scenery. Was slowly catching revo/swat in front but never able to keep it consistent enough to catch them. Bboy went past me and I then had a lonely drive 7-10 secs behind the leader for the last 10 laps. I saw the top 3 covered by 2 secs starting the last lap so I figured one of them would wall it trying too hard but credit to them since that didn't happen.

And thanks for running it today madmins! Wink
beechus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 3.. had a very good start no crashes at all cruising in fourth and would have easily kept that place if i didnt come off on the wrong bit of track twice luckily manged to stay on but had to go around again ! 10/15 seconds up from Munkhi/Bob untill then .. finished in 13th/14th in the end !

race 4 .. good start again fighting in 4th with dant crashed a couple of times on the same lap put me back down into 10th in the end came back up to 6th thanks to misfortune by miksu who aloud me back through and second to last lap !!
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 3.
After listening to Steve not liking this track and clipping the wall up to the chicane before the first jump ( not had this problem in practice ).
Guess who clubbed this on the first lap.
Didn't see the recovery to the left so kept going back around the first bit, suffered at the end was about 2 checkpoints away from finish so only picked up 80% finish point.

race four
Settled in quite nice on this one just kept making silly errors, so ended up going backwards finished 21st.

Nice tracks though Dan just the chicane on uber was troubling.
And some buggy landings as swat said several times.
Good laugh on vent as well, made up for me poor performance.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: S8 GPs 3 and 4 Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
Bit peeved by the whinging we had tonight, but never mind.

People moaning about tracks, that's easily solved they can do some themselves Very Happy

They actually sound like the kind of tracks I enjoy, shame I was at t'gym doing my fitness test (the results came back negative)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race3

Had a terrible start clipped the chicane before the jump the first two laps. Wich resulted in the last position with a serious fallback. Tried to get as far I could and ended in 9th. Wich is a satisfying result.

race4

Again a terrible start Laughing. Start climbing my way up the field and eventually got involved into some great racing at the end. Managed to get 7th place wich are some good points for the team.
Iffe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 3:
Very hard track for 25 laps – but nobody said it should be easy… Wink
Started out with “Cars off” and tried to avoid looking at where I was placed.
Told myself that most important was to reach the finish line.

As of lap 10 then had a long fight with a.o. Munkhi and DaCheese for 5th to 8th spot.
In the end a 7th – even with at least 3 bug landings killing speed completely, so others must have bugged too.....

Race 4:
My fingers must be in bad shape – coz the last 5 laps almost saw me stop racing Laughing
Was as high as 5th half ways – some bad car handling unfortunately made me lose speed Rolling Eyes
Was happy with 10th spot though as YussuF was breathing down my neck in last part of the race.
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: started ok. bugged. flipped.
2: started bad. bugged. flipped. got back up somehow. 15 seconds behind.
caught up. lost time again with crashes. caught up. won Very Happy
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3 A super track, plenty of jeopardy to unsettle the flyers amongst us, but it unsettled me as well Wink Lost the most time on that drop-chicane at the end of the long right-hander - couldn't land it right more than about 80% of the time. One of JGG's 'Bourne' series has a similar pratfall, so much for experience Rolling Eyes

R4 Another hot track, loving these Dan! Did a lil bit better coming in around 13th.

Skin by Baino
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject: Great Product Guide Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Cool Product Info 5363_59
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:49 am    Post subject: Great Product Blog Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Great Product Site 5_595dd
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:15 am    Post subject: Updated Product Info Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Excellent Teatime Results History Guide 62_595d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: