Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mad Rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViRuS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Mad Rounds Reply with quote

Hey Mad , just like to say , its been a great success atm love the tracks and all the players on there. However i think you might have to enable voting on the server. Either this or get maybe 1 more admin? With people afk on rounds it ruins it because you cant play.
Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we had an auto kick feature on our teamserver for a bit. Basically if someone was inactive for 2 rounds in a row they'd be kicked.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Dantski, I've seen that too - it's especially useful in rounds, where one inactive player can hold up the server forever. With only 15 slots, it would help people waiting on the sidelines, too.

As for holding up the game, a few points ... First, in practical terms it only happens when it's a difficult track that many people fall off and/or there are only a few genuine players. If you have crashed out, press escape, leave the server and come back in and you'll get another go in the same round.

But a 2-3 minute ban would be good - that covers answering the phone/door/wife/baby/call of nature.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't even have to be a ban, just a kick so the rounds starts again. Then when the player isnt afk anymore he'll see he's kicked and he can come back.
Of course it only happen in hard tracks when nobody finishes it the first time, but imo it's still annoying to leave the server and come back. To be able to kickvote would be nice - When we see people abuse that possibility you could just disable it again.

Maybe write in the server discription (when you join) 'when you go afk, go in spectator mode'.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - when I said ban I meant kick of course. I was going to say I'd volunteer to admin on rounds but after that slip up, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea ......................
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enabled voting on the rounds server for the moment until I get time to look at it.

I did do it the other day but forgot to update the config file and it disappeared when I rebooted.
ViRuS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the other day there was a joker on there just driving arround without pressingf enter , but luckly we could vote kick him
Medi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps to prevent abuse with votekicking, set the limit to having raced at least 50 races or so before being able to vote?
Regulars will have it in no time, and jerks will first need to race. Limiting to winners only who can vote would...well, suck for those who rarily win.

Just a suggestion Smile
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha! About 5 minutes ago I said the same thing here: http://shoreforums.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1965&highlight=#1965
Great minds ....
tyke65

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i just agree with virus, the addition of the rounds server is excellent.
You guys have made some incredible maps and once i can find my way around them i sure i will enjoy them even more.
High fives to all concerned..... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: