Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teamspeak guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Teamspeak guide Reply with quote

Basically, Teamspeak is a program that runs in the background, and allows you to talk to others in the server over the internet (VOIP - voice over inetrnet protocol). It also free program, and hosting a server is also free Cool

1. Go to http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads and download the Teamspeak 2 CLIENT version. Once you accept the terms and conditions on the next page, the download should start.

2. Install it, and click on the Teamspeak RC2 on your desktop and you should get a window like this -

3. To connect to a server, click Connection top left corner, and Connect or Quick Connect. There is not that much difference, but i always you Connect. When you click Connect, you should see something like this -

(Dont worry about those servers, they wont be there on yours)

4. Right click where you see the list of servers, or anywhere in the white bit, and click Add server. Type in the name of the server. Then on the right side of the window, you should see the this -

Server address - is the IP for the server, example 192.168.0.2:8767
Nickname - this is what your name will be once in the server
Anonymous/Registered - to start of, you will have to sign in as Anonymous. Once in the server, you can be granted permission to register, so you will click registered here, and type in the login name and user password.
Registered
Login name - see above
User password - see above
Anonymous
Server password - Type in the server password here. If you have a registered account, you wont need to type in the server password.

Default channel - This is the channel that you will automatically connect to, once you join the server. You hve to type the name of the channel here. The server will have a default channel so i leave it blank.
Default subchannel - same as above except you will be joining a subchannel.
Channel password - if the channel has a password, type it here.

Once you've completed that, click connect and you should join the server. Cool Cool

To change how you speak, go to Settings > Sounds input/output settings, then choose between -
Voice activation, which is when you set a volume level, and if you dont speak above that volume level, others wont hear whtat you say, but its good for cutting out noises that you dont want
Press to talk - you asign a button, and when the button is pressed, you talk, and everyone in the channel can hear what you say.

I use press to talk, and the scroll button.

If your granted permission to register to the server, click Self > Register with server. Once you've registered, select Registered when connecting to the server and type in your login name and user password.

I think thats about all you need to get started on Teamspeak. There are lots more things but that would take years to type. If i've forgotten anything, please add it. And if you get stuck, PM me or search for a solution on the Teamspeak forums - http://forum.teamspeak.com/
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good summary Steve, though to host a server for free would be quite a trick Surprised ...prhap u mean 'no extra expense'
My tip - when setting the bugger up and allocating bandwidth be sure to allow it only the minimum it requires: setting Unlimited causes stuttering and dropouts. i seem to remember 16KB is adequate.

Skin by Baino
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what i mean Razz Its just to get people up and running if your not sure about Teamspeak.
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Can i have sticky?

Also, it may just be me, which is why im asking you, but when your on the TS server, and your in trackmania, does TS go all jumpy, and its hard to understand the voices?
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everythink is clear my end, ive never had trouble with teamspeak, very nice guide btw Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty, i've never had any trouble in the years i been using TS but today, when i opened a game, it went seriously jumpy and hard to understand Confused Went onto another server, opened the game, talk to people and it was fine Confused
bal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, (or anyone else) I had trouble getting my mic working on TS the other day. Tried everything I could in settings etc. but still wouldn't work. I'm using the mic on my webcam. Do you think this may be the problem? Do I need one of those headset thingy's? It's annoying cos the webcam mic is working with other programs like Skype and MSN.

Thanks in advance

Bal
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, i know its simple but when you talk, does the green light come on, or if you use PTT, are you pressing the button. Another problem i have seen is that you might not have the mic volume up much, so your talking, but others cant hear you because your so quiet. So you have to go into control panel and turn Mic Boost ON. Cant remember where it is on XP, you'll have to search for it or find it somehow.

Other things are drivers, make sure their up-to-date, another good test is the local sound test. In teamspeak, go to settings > Sound inputs/output settings, then down the bottom, activate local test.

Mad your server just kicked me off, and i cant remember where things are. Evil or Very Mad Your connection to the server has been terminated Twisted Evil

Anyway, see if that helps. Wink
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the boost thingy Steve mentions will run if you have problems when configuring your settings in Control Panel/Sound and Audio Devices/Headphones. Just running the wizard will often resolve conflicts having arisen from new software installation. But yes, get a headset in any case, this is gaming not facebook (or second life Razz )

Skin by Baino
bal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, the green light doesn't come on when I speak, but if a use PTT the light does come on when I press the button, but no-one can hear me.

I did try that local test but not a lot seemed to be happening so I switched it off again.

I'll see if I can sort something out via control panal.

Mid, come to think of it, I think someone gave me a headset a couple of years ago. I'll have to see if I can dig it out. God knows where it might be! I take it you plug it into the sound card.

Is there a GP later? And if so, do you peeps use TS then? Perhaps I can come on and try it out then if I'm around.
bal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.

I went through the wizard in Control Panel, and mic is working fine.

Went on TS and had another little play around with settings and options, and now the green light comes on when I speak.

So now I just need to test it again.

Cheers lads.

Smile
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject: Excellent Product Site Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Top Rated Product Tips f998253
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject: Awesome Buy Gold Coins In Prague Guide Reply with quote

To the lady talking about doug winter coins, sell old coins and notes, maple gold coin price, 4 gram gold coin, helvetia gold coin, virtual gold investment, gold futures investing, gold spot price jm bullion, digital gold purchase, cheapest 1 10 oz gold coin, I highly recommend this go here about buy gold coins in Prague info or gold apmex price, warren buffett barrick gold, kuber bullion, golden eagle gold coin, best price for gold sovereigns, best gold stocks 2022, 1 gold coin, 1981 coin, bullion prices today, 50 gram gold coin price today, not to mention this my explanation about buy gold coins in Prague blog as well as american gold eagle, 1715 spanish fleet coin, bullion reserve, 20 dollar gold piece, 2022 gold sovereign, una peseta 1975 gold, gold bicentennial quarter, gold bullion exchange, 1924 20 dollar gold coin, jm bullion gold price today, and don't forget this link on buy gold coins in Prague link which is also great. Also, have a look at this the full details on buy gold coins in Slovakia details as well as gold exchange traded funds, etf gold bond, gold futures price investing com, kookaburra gold, 1 4 sovereign, ducat gold coin, buy gold coins from bank, new silver double eagle, gold coin dealers near me, best gold mining stocks, on top of this on bing on buy gold coins in Slovakia tips with 22k gold coin, direct bullion, 24k gold coin 10 gm, napoleon gold coin, 1911 indian head gold coin, 1913 gold coin, best gold royalty stocks 2022, 2 peso gold coin, trusted old coin buyer, american gold and silver, for good measure. Check more @ Top Rated Savastan0 Carding Guide 54b783b
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Top Rated Product Info Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Recommended Product Site 9703774
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: