Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British grand prix moves to Donnington Park

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: British grand prix moves to Donnington Park Reply with quote

In 2010 the British Grand Prix will move from Silverstone to Donnington Park

do you think this is a good thing Question
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rain will be there in Donnington too Razz today's grand prix was crazy Exclamation
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, yes and no, of course Laughing
but mostly Yes i think.
We're all a bit in awe of Silverstone and its reputation, but I remember well the transition from Brands to the present venue and I had similar doubts then, only to be dispelled as the Sport transcended the mundane details of Location.
So bring on Donny, I say. The rumble strips are blue and white. Burgers will be £20. It's nice and hilly and there will be aerial display teams. I even believe ther's a dungeon at Castle Donnington, so Max Moseley will be pleased Laughing

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is good memories of Donington, when it was the Europe GP in 1993. One of the most beautifull Ayrton Senna victories. Wink
But Silverstone is the "Origin" of Formula One and i hope it won't disappear for good. Confused
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having been to watch world superbikes (and motos at Donington) at both Donington and Silverstone thought i'd put a list of things good and bad about the change

Good :
Donington is nice and green, unlike the grey Silverstone
Donington is a better spectator track for viewing (can't see much at all at silverstone from any one position)
It's easier to move to watch a different part of the track
They let you walk around the track afterwards at donington
More centrally located in the country

Bad :
The parking is dreadful
Once you get off the M1 access is poor
No stands (then again i like this)

Personally i think it's great that it's moving for a bit, then again i think it would be better if they change the venue every year, switching between say Brans, Silverst. and Donington (and anyway else that's up to the standard), that would keep it interesting
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 at brands hatch....*shudder*, that would be so cool.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Unit wrote:
F1 at brands hatch....*shudder*, that would be so cool.

overtaking at BH is one of the best sights in spectator sport, the lap is about 1:00 so there's always something going on before your eyes, but the manufacturers don't like it. Cars go there and get broken, so the advertisers bitch and moan. It would be my first choice.

Skin by Baino
MyBoozyHell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other problem with Donnington is that they're already bitchin about the lap being too short (a la BH) therefore the track we'll see in 2010 (assuming its finished in time!) will be quite a bit different to the one we see now....

A lot of the camping facility will disappear, the pit complex will have to be extended, stands and larger run-off areas built, etc.......

I've just bought my tickets for the "last ever" Silverstone race next year!

I'll put money on it being back there for one more year or the other option should Donny not be done in time is that we'll lose the British GP for a year or so.....
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't make much odds to me, still won't watch it Laughing

Should televise our Mad gp's get loads of folk tuning into that and our own commentators too so no Martin Brundle, everyone is a winner Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not read a lot about it but i know there is now "mania channel".
So technically i think what you're talking about Madlaps GP's is possible Spanky. Razz
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Starbuck wrote:
I've not read a lot about it but i know there is now "mania channel".
So technically i think what you're talking about Madlaps GP's is possible Spanky. Razz

We'd probably make a new world record for being banned from the mania channel for the commentary alone, you've heard what goes on in vent Laughing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once, yes Laughing
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your talking bout overtaking. last time i watched f1 the only overtaking that happens is when ppl pit stop or crash or reach a back marker, rest of the time its follow the leader.

xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

евро120.8BettBettматеVivrSearДавыHomoНадеMarvE4603287
АртиJohnKonaСодеRondSomeWhatинстThomпамяЛеонStouGlad
fantKholReneEmilAlisЗасусертXenoГули(196BourGreeинст
GeraИллюТомбучилКомяWindHousGalvИллюМежоDaniJuliIvan
deatмелоAvatСартЛадоGoodпольJeweГолоColuдатиChriЗабе
MishDaleLycrМуссRomaWindWaldInteTurnwwwiJeanSublLynn
JuliЕвроWindSympSoftсилиКитаЗвягрукаGeorNoraAnneJewe
замеArtsГоломеняКарагазеKathАкадмафиlBooPeacHenrMaxS
RuthSamsIrenArcaYounScotFallParaAcadАртиTracCommкомм
предмесяStudбронZanuKFMNНикиTimeRock6123AmebJardSQui
BestBelo9066BlueSonyоборTrauVocaValiLuisSimbкрасWhee
ЕфрекомпWindhttpвысомозаНестChouDiavупакРомаЛитРВоло
FoxtДобрTubuГусеоптиЛитРКуросемисемиразнCISCКозлГура
отстБродWillEverDolb(199годаCrieполеBritBirgBayeCrui
медиЛихаЛыкоRobeЗагрЕрмиRecoавтоGeniBianспецSchoодна
MichдиноPresVirgБялиMamaFrosKathRogeПленмесямесямеся
ИллюСереПивоDebrAgaiвзроМороИсаеГромучилXVIIЧирсtuchkas
PhotЧерн
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: