Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you ever get bored?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh but he's a bot bot.

I'm also enjoying the more closer racing, I mean, I'm getting beat by DTM!
da dude 24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was beating you t'other day! Very Happy...

not for long though...
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That`s cos i`m better than you ste (sort of, for a week).
U`ll get used to it soon n start being a dot on the horizon again
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost my direction in li...I mean TM. First my PC wasn't good enough to play what has changed from a game for almost any PC owner into one that requires a fairly decent rig. Being short of cash, I looked into tweaking my old PC. I took the RAM out as I suspected that I had a mismatched pair fitted; they turned out to be different types of DDR, not DDR2 and DDR as I had thought they were. I put them back in again and tried starting it up. I got no memory beep and as a result no startup.

My brother, who's supposedly been learning something on a PC course and in his job, managed to bugger the PSU, so I put the graphics card from that one in the PC I'm typing this on and installed TMUF. I tested it today and it's roughly the same in terms of performance but isn't really able to deal with TM either. Sure, I don't late start but I do get a bit of lag and I'm crashing non-stop on some new tracks.

This crashing isn't the fault of the trackbuilders, it's mine (despite how much I find myself thinking that the car's a bit top and nose-heavy). Nevertheless, a lot of the new tracks are largely constructed from the wide blocks that I fear may be the death of traditional trackbuilding skills. The obvious answer is for me to build some tracks, but a) to be honest I don't think my old ones were all that popular and b) I'm out of ideas.

You haven't seen the last of me yet, but I might be away from the servers for a while. All the best...
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're trying to address the track styles as builder we want to push ourselves and play with new pieces... as racers we prefer what we know or race better on older style pieces... the balance will correct itself with more tracks as we learn the best way to use and race the new blocks.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About tracks, i tried to make an old-style one for the GP tonight. The new pieces in it were not very significatives, the "stargate" checkpoint and some eyecandies were the only stuffs of that kind. I hope you enjoyed it guys, i did my best, really...

Then, about the races... i've got two choices, both terrible and disapointing.
I can race on my computer and get an invalid time for sure, with a lot of lag and nervous feeling. Or i can race with my fathers computer, a very strong and recent one (no problem playing in PC3 high with 26 players) but the screen were blocked for several seconds during the race... several times. First it was once per lap, then it was twice. I crashed, respawned, get back to the startline and had the message "press enter to respawn or delete to restart" as if i was running out of time.

Sorry guys, but i give up for a moment, i'm exhausted by stress, work and private life is a disaster. I feel disilusioned and hopeless.
I have some "business" with a few of you, out of Trackmania, for the moment that i'll continue, but for the game... i stop for a while too, sorry.

I let the Chronic Pepper Engineering Team in the hands of HotSWAT and DaDude24, i know they're doing their best and i want to thank them both for their nice feedback about everything. As well as DaMadMan and Middinho who are working hard for us all, having also their own life and personnal problems as any of us.

Greetings guys.

I'm not totally out, just ... a little bit.
da dude 24

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwwh, i'll miss you pep. have fun whatever you're doing.
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right, its a heart made out of chili peppers..!
hehehehe

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried playing today but i cant do anything without it freezing for 10 seconds. i miss the start of every race. kinda pointless and i want tmn back
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw Pepper, we just got you back, you're building terriffic tracks (ace GP circuit this week), you're a Team leader,.... hell's bells Sad
I'm not sure your freezing probs weren't due to our server overload last night, anyway Question

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really know, i had this problem in the "warm up" of the previous first GP, one week ago and so, i came back to my own computer in emmergency to race the GP, but as you know, i had an invalid time with it.
I think it's because of all "anti virus" and firewall stuff on my father's computer but unfortunately, i'm not allowed to disable them... That's too bad, a so powerfull computer ... i'll be back soon enough, but not for competition, sorry...
About team leader... well, HotSwat is far faster than me and Ron Dennis isn't a driver ^^
Maybe i'll be more lucky next season. I just need time.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retoon has your same problem by sounds/looks of things pep.

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I'm obviously not suffering as bad as some others, the game is VERY buggy and all of us suffer from crashes, the odd glitch and late starting. I also understand that when its something your really passionate about, it really tees you off. This week I overloaded the server bby accident and the first GP died and the second was not impressive. I will adjust things at this end next week and hope it helps.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
Though I'm obviously not suffering as bad as some others, the game is VERY buggy and all of us suffer from crashes, the odd glitch and late starting. I also understand that when its something your really passionate about, it really tees you off. This week I overloaded the server bby accident and the first GP died and the second was not impressive. I will adjust things at this end next week and hope it helps.

Drivers can help (I think) by not debuting skins at the GP: get them in general use for a couple of days beforehand so everyone has cached them and the p2p traffic is therefore minimised during the Race.

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, before the start of a season, a thread could/should be made with links to download every car which will race the GP... Good idea Midd'

And also... shouldn't we limit the number of players in a gp to 15 or 18 max ?
If more people are interrested (as it is the case) we can make two half-separate championship with the same number of players and team in each of them and then, make a kind of final with the top 10 or top 12 i don't know...
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its weird because now I'm playing TM more than ever. I had an 8 hour sesh last night without a break, and enjoyed all of it. I think maybe the addition of vent has made me a little more interested and the fact that we're talking about the race while driving it is very cool.

So yeh, I'm not bored anymore, I'm more interested than ever Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: