Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera changes for loops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Camera changes for loops Reply with quote

HOW DO I DO IT??? :S

somebody please tell me!
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do it by clicking on search at the top, then typing in what you want. Razz

Dacheese wrote:
Well, this isn't going to be the clearest explanation ever but I'm not going to bother taking any screenshots Smile

Right then. Camera changes are about as simple as the MediaTracker gets. To start with you'll need to create a MT ghost, which is where the game records a run on your track to work with. You can do this by clicking on the camera icon on the left-hand side of the track editor toolbar and selecting Record a mediatracker ghost, but it's easier just to validate the track as this has the same effect and means you can save a version of the track without MT work and use it.

Next, go back to the camera icon and select In game-Edit. It's a good idea to point your display at the part of the track you want to change the camera on as for some reason Nadeo have decided to make the system for moving the camera completely different to the one used when building.

The main MediaTracker window appears. MT uses what it calls clips to store tracks (i.e. cam changes, text etc.), and these are controlled by triggers. On entering MT there should be a new clip open (it'll be listed in the box in the bottom left corner). If there isn't, click on the button on the far left of the line of buttons to make one. Rename it if you want by clicking on the clip's name.

There's a button with an icon that looks like a cube about two buttons from the add clip button. This inserts triggers. Click on this and a green frame for one block appears, which can be placed by clicking on the track piece that you want the camera change to start on. Click the button again to store your trigger position(s) and click on the Add Track button (immediately right of the Add Trigger button).

A list of track types appears; click on Camera (or something like that-either way it's the top one). In the next list choose Camera Race.

Nearly there now. Your car will be shown in the window on the right. On the left is a list of controls, one of which changes camera type. Use the left and right arrows to find the internal one (shown from the cockpit in the window but in reality on the front of the car). Ignore the time settings, but make sure you click on the Keep playing light. now all you need to do is make a new clip WITHOUT any tracks with a trigger where you want the camera to reset to normal and click on the door icon in the top left to exit the Mediatracker and test your camera change.

If all of the above has just confused you and made things worse, which is quite possible, let me know and I'll try to find the TM-Forum tutorial, which actually has screenshots. In that they reset the camera differently, but both methods work fine.

bunsenjetson wrote:
That all seems in order, DC. I hope you don't mind my adding one or two points ....

Whilst "keep playing" serves most purposes well, there are occasions when a timer is more appropriate, as the next clip will override it anyway. If there's a chance that the end trigger will be missed (more on that in a minute) such as on a jump, drivers can get stuck in the wrong camera angle, whereas having a timer that exceeds the required time by 5 sec or so will make sure it reverts.

I think you alluded to this, but remember that you can make your trigger block into one big block, say a 3x3x3 cube (27 triggers) for example where a car's landing point is determined by its speed. Also on larger bends it's best to put two triggers that more than cover the possible routes. Sometimes driving around the kerb can miss the triggers. IF you're on a wide section such as grass or roof, make sure the trigger is a long strip that covers all possible driving lines.

Nice tutorial though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: